Saturday, November 10, 2007
Christmas Book Challenge

My Reading Adventures is hosting Christmas Theme Book Challenge 2007. The challenge is to read two books with a Christmas theme before the end of December. Don't you read a book or two with a Christmas theme about this time of year anyway? I figure we might as well have a little fun with it and--MAYBE WIN A PRIZE AT THE SAME TIME!

Here's my list of possibilities. At least they are my possibilities at this time. I may find others that also interest me. I will read at least two of these and add them to my Fall Into Reading list. In addition, I'll be reading some Christmas books--some new and some old favorites--with the grands.

• The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank
• Where Angels Go by Debbie Macomber
• The Christmas Promise by Donna Van Liere
• A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg

I'm feeling the urge
to go get some hot chocolate
and a warm cuddly quilt!

Oh--and, of course, a book.
See ya later!




Labels: ,


  posted at 12:25 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At November 10, 2007 at 4:51 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I hadn't heard about this challenge...what a great idea! I do have one Christmas book I was wanting to read...but I also have to get through the three on my fall challenge I'm still reading- I'm reading these three all at once! Well, not at the exact time of course, LOL... but depending on my mood I'll pick one of them up and start reading.
Thanks for letting us know about this new challenge...if I finish my three in the next week, I may give it a try!

 
At November 12, 2007 at 11:02 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I would love to read 2 books (or even 1) but there is so much to get caught up on around here after the harvest...maybe after the first of the year I will take you up on the challenge.

 
At November 12, 2007 at 1:36 PM, Blogger Robin said...

You must add Shepherd's Abiding, Esther's Gift, and The Mitford Snowmen all by Jan Karon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
A Blessing Named Ella
Confessions of An Avid Reader/Book Lover
In Christ Alone--Travis Cottrell
Show and Tell--A New Treasure
Halloween 2007
Alphabet Soup--Brought to You By the Letter K
Have You Been to a Pumpkin Patch?
Well, Hello!
Mother, Grandma, G-Ma
Sometimes a girl needs a little quiet time!I'm tak...

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: