Saturday, October 13, 2007
Mother, Grandma, G-Ma
EMMA
Lee's Mother
November 27, 1914-October 11, 2007

Emma Hay Sizemore

In the picture above Emma is the youngest child--third from the left. The other children are her sister, WaDena--on the end with the bow.The little boys are her uncles. The two women are her grandmother, on the left, and her mother, standing behind Emma and her sister. Her grandmother and her mother died in the flu epidemic of 1917. Emma was raised by a series of foster parents and relatives.

This picture shows a constant with Lee's mother. She always had her Bible nearby. She read and studied it often. For many years she shared her love of the Lord and His Word by teaching women in Sunday School.

Mother, Grandma, G-Ma--Take your pick! Here she is with the people who love her best! Younger son, Lee is sitting next to her. Standing are: granddaughter, Becky; grandson, Greg; older son , Jack; and grandson, Kevin. Greg and Kevin are our sons; Becky is Jack's daughter.

Emma loved her children and grandchildren! All of them are in this picture except Ella, who was born the next year. (I know there is a picture of a six-month old Ella with G-Ma, but it is hidden in the boxes of Family S photographs. When I find those pictures I will edit to include all!) Standing in the back is Becky, Greg, Jack, and Kevin. Middle row--Connor, standing next to G-Ma; G-Ma, with Joshua on her lap, Lee. Sitting on steps--Isaiah (Spoony) with Nicole, and Luke with Hunter.
Nicole, Hunter, and Connor are Becky's children; Joshua and Spoony are Kevin's, and Luke and Ella (not yet born at this time) are Greg's.

Because of Lee's illnesses and G-Ma's increasing frailty, travel has been impossible. The last time we saw her was when we gathered to celebrate her 90th birthday at Thanksgiving, 2004. Of course, Lee cannot travel to North Carolina for the funeral. Greg and Kevin have gone to be with Lee's family.

Following is the note Lee sent via email
to tell friends and family about her passing.

My mother, Emma, S., passed from this earth to be with the Father about 8:20 CT Thursday morning. She had suffered with pneumonia and other painful ailments during the past several days. We are thankful she is with the Lord and no longer in pain at this time.

Mother would have been 93 next month and had enjoyed nearly 70 years of Bible teaching. Her missions and ministries were many; her love of the Lord supreme.

In addition to my brother, Jack, and me, Mother is survived by two daughters-in-in-law, three grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. Services will be at Cumby Funeral Home in High Point, NC, at 2:00 p.m Sunday. Graveside services will be at 11:oo Monday morning in Bluefield, VA.

Please pray for our family during this bittersweet time of her home-going and the loss of her presence with us.

John 14:1-4
1Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God; trust also in me.
2In my Father's house are many rooms.
If it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place
I will come back and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.
4You know the way
to the place where I am going.

Labels:


  posted at 5:08 PM  
  22 comments



22 Comments:
At October 13, 2007 at 6:33 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

My sympathies to Lee, you and your family, Myrna.

My father in law passed away yesterday (Friday) and my hubby leaves tonight for Fort Worth, Texas to help his brother make arrangements for his Dad's funeral.

 
At October 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You and Lee have been facing a lot of things lately. My heart goes out to both of you. Praise God we know we will all be together again and they are in the better place.
Susan

 
At October 13, 2007 at 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts going out for you and Lee and your family.

 
At October 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Wonderful Wife, for the beautiful tribute to my Mother. I love you.
Lee

 
At October 13, 2007 at 8:05 PM, Blogger someone else said...

My sincerest sympathies, Myrna. I hope you have a very relaxing break.

 
At October 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Myrna and Lee, It is always sad to lose a loved one, but to lose a mother is heart felt grief. Our hearts are tied to our mother even though we have our own families now.

We will be praying for you both during this time.

 
At October 13, 2007 at 9:42 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Myrna~So sorry to hear about your loss.My thoughts are with you today.

 
At October 13, 2007 at 10:02 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Prayers and thoughts are going up for you and your family.

 
At October 14, 2007 at 12:26 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, I am so sorry about the loss of Lee's mother. Reading this whole post, I almost feel as though I knew her, and I can imagine how you all must miss such a dear woman.
At the same time, to know she lived such a long life, and loved the Lord so much must be a comfort during this time.

I was fascinated with that old photograph. How sad that she lost her parents and grandmother so early. My maternal grandmother's first husband also died in that same epidemic, and she later remarried and had my mom.

My heart goes out to your family right now! (((HUGS)))

 
At October 14, 2007 at 7:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so very sorry for the huge loss for you and Lee. I think I am even sadder at the fact that he cannot be with his family at this time.

What a joy to know that she is in the presence of the One whom she loved more than anyone. And what a joy to know that when she is, she knows Him so well from all her time in His Word.

Blessings to you both. You will be in my prayers.

 
At October 14, 2007 at 11:45 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Myra,
My sincere sympathies to you and your family on the loss of Lee's beloved mother.
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time..
((hugs))

 
At October 15, 2007 at 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't been around much.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 12:22 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Such a difficult time for you all! My sympathies go out to you and your family.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 2:26 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That is precious. It reminds me so much of a year ago when my FIL died at 93, after so many years of pastoring and ministry. I am sorry that you and Lee could not go. It must be hard. But he wrote a lovely tribute to her.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 6:37 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss Myrna. I will be praying for all of you. You've had a difficult last few months. May His peace and presence fill and surround you.

 
At October 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM, Blogger LBP said...

Prayers going out for you and your family. It is such a wonderful thing to know she is now in the hands of God and no longer suffering.

Blessings

Linda

 
At October 17, 2007 at 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
God bless :)

 
At October 17, 2007 at 7:48 PM, Blogger Julieann said...

((Gentle Hugs)))) I loved the tribute about Emma--what a dear lady!

I am so sorry about the loss of Emma!

Julieann

 
At October 22, 2007 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Dear Myrna and Lee,
Isn't it a true blessing to know that your dear mother is happy and healthy in our Father's arms at this moment! Our Lord reigns! I am praying for you during this time of adjustment and loss though, we are human and even though we know all is for the better it still is hard. What a lovely tribute to her! xoxoxo

 
At October 24, 2007 at 6:48 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi Myrna, Just dropped by to say hello and tell you I've missed you. Trust all is well :o) You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Susan

 
At October 25, 2007 at 6:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I trust that you are getting the rest and rejuvenation that you need!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 11:02 AM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

What a wonderful memorial to Emma. We've lost all our folks now, but they are with the Lord, and that is a great, great blessing.

I noticed the Sizemore name. You had mentioned a connection to Texas. Here in Mineral Wells there is a Sizemore family, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Fall Bible Study
Alphabet Soup is the brain child of Morning Glory...
Halloween Swap
Jesus Loves Me
Show and Tell--Muffin's Babies--A Picture
A Meme "Four" You
Week Two--New Starts and Barren Hearts
Open the Eyes of My Heart--Michael W. Smith
A New Ride!
Show and Tell--Basketball Player

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: