Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Have You Been to a Pumpkin Patch?
Pumpkin patches are all over Bloggetyville lately. Have you noticed? Children and their parents are looking for the perfect pumpkin. Of course, perfect is in the eye of the beholder. It might be a huge one, or a little one; a skinny one, or a fat one; a bright orange one, or an almost white one. Everyone has their own idea about what is perfect! After you find the perfect pumpkin you have to decorate it. Then the fun really begins!

I haven't been to visit a pumpkin patch this year. Actually, it's been several years since I picked out a pumpkin for carving. However, I realized that I have my very own--albeit small--pumpkin patch.

Come, take a tour with me around my little "punkin patch."




Here's a cute little vintage Jack 'o' Lantern that I got in the Holiday swap at PEA's this year. Cute little guy isn't he? Standing watch over some tissues--just in case you might need one! They have jacks on them, too!






The guest bathroom would not be well dressed without a little seasonal deco. Right? This fellow as been with me for several years--gift from a friend. He looks sort of friendly/scary when he has a little tea light candle burning inside.



Time for a refreshment break! The little Jack that is standing watch over the cookies is a teacher gift I received in 1987--It says so on the back. Oh! You say you don't see him? Look carefully--He's there right behind the Chocolate Chip Cookies! Better watch out when you get one--He looks a little sneaky!


Now for some beauty! I believe these are the pick of the patch! The floral wreath was a recent gift from a dear friend. I had the glass vase and the small pumpkins and gourds already. I thought they made a good combination for the dining room table.


Thanks for visiting my little pumpkin patch! What kind of pumpkins do you have this year? If you don't have a patch we can fix that. You can have some fun with this one!


Click to Mix and Solve

Labels: ,


  posted at 3:38 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At October 30, 2007 at 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely decor. Looks like you were all ready for your bible study group last night!

And I see you are still playing with those puzzles. I love them. One a day is my presciption.

Good to see you, Myrna.

 
At October 30, 2007 at 4:26 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I love the little pumpkin in your bathroom - I never think to decorate in there!

 
At October 30, 2007 at 4:58 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Very festive!!

 
At October 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky sent me over to you..but you were away so you dont know me...but I visited while you were gone :)
Cute pumpkins. I tried the puzzle..it would take me all night and I have knitting to get done for Christmas!

Jody at Midlife Cycler

For some reason , I cant leave a comment with my blog name

 
At October 30, 2007 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Neat decorations!! We had a ball a few weeks ago tropping through a real live pumpkin patch with our niece and nephew while we were on vacation. I love this time of year!!

 
At October 31, 2007 at 8:49 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Halloween dear Myrna:-) I so love all your Halloween decorations! I usually go to a pumpkin patch every year but not this year..had to buy my pumpkins in the grocery store! lol xox

 
At October 31, 2007 at 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun times. Have a wonderful day...

 
At October 31, 2007 at 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pumpkins! And that jigsaw site is too cool. I could do those puzzles all day long.

God bless :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Well, Hello!
Mother, Grandma, G-Ma
Sometimes a girl needs a little quiet time!I'm tak...
Fall Bible Study
Alphabet Soup is the brain child of Morning Glory...
Halloween Swap
Jesus Loves Me
Show and Tell--Muffin's Babies--A Picture
A Meme "Four" You
Week Two--New Starts and Barren Hearts

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: