Thursday, November 1, 2007
Halloween 2007
Time to wrap up Halloween for 2007! We had about 130 trick or treaters come by our house. I made 130 little bags of goodies. With so many it is just easier to have it all bagged and ready to hand to them! I used up all the bags and gave the last few kids the leftovers that had not made it into the bags. I turned the light off about 8:20. There were just a few stragglers out in the neighborhood by that time.

My favorites are the little ones who are just trying to figure out what in the world is going on! They are precious! You can just see their little minds working--"OK, We walk up to the door and a big person opens it and gives us... CANDY! WOW! WELL ALRIGHT! LET"S DO THIS AGAIN! "

Poor children! They don't know that their mom's are going to take all the candy away from them when they get home. Some of them will have to do things--like pee in the potty--to get that candy back!

However, I would say, "A good time was had by all!"




These cute little people showed up at my door.
Yes, Spiderman and Annie Oakley (or at least a cowgirl). Spiderman is grandson, Luke, and the cowgirl is his sister, Ella.

They had been to Trunk of Treats at our church and stopped by to visit our neighborhood. Ella had on cute red boots, but wouldn't wear them in the picture!
























Here's another of my favorite young people. This is grandson, Spoony, in his Halloween garb. He doesn't live close enough to come to our house to Trick or Treat, but I stole the picture from his mom's blog--with her permission. His brother, Joshua, considers himself too old for going door-to-door! He's ten! Some of the people at my door tonight were considerably older than that! :-)


You know, I didn't ask what he was going to be. Well, actually I did; but, at that time, they weren't sure. What do you think? Yoda? One of Yoda's friends? Or, am I completely clueless about some character I should know? I'll have to ask, but they would be most unhappy if I called them in the middle of the night to ask such a question. Most sane people are asleep by now!

The next pictures aren't exactly Halloween. I lifted them from my dil--with her permission! The school that Joshua and Spoony attend--and where their mom teaches--has Book Character Day on Halloween. Good way to address the issue of dressing in costume!


Here are the boys in their costumes for the day. Spoony, as Pinnochio, won first prize for boys in First Grade. Joshua, as Jack of beanstalk fame, won second prize for boys in the Fifth Grade. Way to go guys--and Holly!


Holly's blog is here. I have to give her a link. After all, I did steal these pictures from her!

I hope you had a good Halloween!
Thanksgiving is next!
You just gotta love this time of year!
HOLIDAYS!
!

Labels: ,


  posted at 1:25 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At November 1, 2007 at 5:40 AM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Cute pictures of the grands!!

Elle was one of those trying to figure it all out last night. She was too shy to say anything at the neighbor's doors, but as we walked out the driveway, she'd say "Where are we going next?" and "I like being a bunny!"

 
At November 1, 2007 at 7:47 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna,
Precious grandchildren......

Thanks for the visit....the Confederate Rose is unique...I'm showing one Friday that's pretty to me......Betty

 
At November 1, 2007 at 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was fun. What cute costumes. I loved the part about peeing in the potty. Oh, how I remember those days. Not the peeing, the rewarding for the peeing ... you know.

I need to go visit your DILs blog. I don't believe I ever have.

Have a great day Myrna. Take a nap.

 
At November 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Fun, fun, fun! But really I'm glad its over. Now I can start thinking about Christmas and my decorations. Spoony was just a plain old ghoul. Joshua has worn that costume for a couple of years and he wanted to wear it this year. He had glasses on underneath that had red lights on them. He thought he was really scary. Ella & Luke looked cute. I wish I had a pair of red cowboy boots! Take care and love you guys!

 
At November 1, 2007 at 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow 130 trick or treaters! We had a total of 3...
Fun times

 
At November 1, 2007 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

WE had none because we were at church the whole time with hundreds of kids and their parents, and left the light off when we got home because we were exhausted!

My grandkids' school doesn't let them wear costumes on Halloween (not sure why) and they did the book character a couple of weeks ago, too. That is too much like having to do two costumes for my liking! But fortunately Care Bear already had her H costume and it was a princess, so she pretended she was from a Disney book.

 
At November 2, 2007 at 9:56 AM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Wow! You sure had a lot of little trick or treaters Myrna!!! I had about 35 or so which is about what we get every year as we aren't in a very big neighborhood. I too love the little ones but did have one that was as tall as I am come to the door and I am TALL! Yikes! I gave him his Snickers real quick! Your little ones look so cute in their costumes! I will be posting a picture of mine in my next post. Of course D wouldn't put his helmet on for the picture! ha! I love all your decorations and the cookies look yummy!! I didn't get to a pumpkin patch this year as we were in Florida the week that it was open. I got three small ones at the grocery store and called it good. Not quite the same though. My little ones love going to the pumpkin patch and picking out their own but I think they loved Dis*ney more! lol! I just got Beth Moore's book Get out of that Pit and will start it today. Have you read it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Alphabet Soup--Brought to You By the Letter K
Have You Been to a Pumpkin Patch?
Well, Hello!
Mother, Grandma, G-Ma
Sometimes a girl needs a little quiet time!I'm tak...
Fall Bible Study
Alphabet Soup is the brain child of Morning Glory...
Halloween Swap
Jesus Loves Me
Show and Tell--Muffin's Babies--A Picture

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: