Monday, July 9, 2007
Some Places to Visit
Good Afternoon! I really thought I would get this up this morning, but you know how that goes some days! Hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday!

Today I'd like to share several places in bloggyville that I have visited recently. There's a lot going on out there! I have found a few places you might enjoy going to meet new people, have a little fun, learn something, or even win a prize! So here goes--my little list of places I have seen in the last few days that I think you might like to visit.

• First of all--A new blogger to introduce--
Holly at SoccerMom is a sweetheart who is just getting started with blogging. She intends to chronicle family events and I'm sure she will have some good ideas to share from time to time. She is a great wife, mom, teacher, cook, etc! I know Holly irl and I know that anything she sets out to do she does with gusto and does it well. Go on over and meet her. I love Holly--AND--The good looking men on her Saturday post are also very near and dear to my heart! I'm sure you'll guess why.

• It's Tuesday, which means sometimes I would be over at
Seeds From My Garden or Many Colored Days participating in Woman to Woman. I really recommend that you go over there and read what some lovely ladies have to say about today's topic. This is how Morning Glory described the topic:
Tips and Tricks - Keeping your marriage alive: Whether you've been married for 38 years, 8 years or are a newlywed, you've probably picked up a few keys to a happy marriage, one which is nurturing and continues to grow. Maybe your marriage has struggled, but you've found a road back to each other and have insights to offer those in a similar situation.

What would you say are the three most key elements in your marriage that keep the romance alive and the heart aflutter?"

I usually write a few words to share. Today's topic is dear to my heart, but I just have not had time, or maybe I should say--taken time, to do it justice. Or maybe I could say I am working too hard on my marriage to take time to write about it. I can sum up for you in a couple of sentences my suggestions for marriage.

CHERISH EVERY DAY OF IT AND ENJOY THE TIME YOU HAVE TOGETHER. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS COMING IN THE FUTURE OR HOW YOU WILL BE CHALLENGED TO KEEP THE PROMISES YOU MADE IN YOUR VOWS!

I have blogged several times about our marriage and our life today. You can find some of those thoughts here and here. I will also be honoring my husband in a post in a couple of days. Somebody has a birthday coming up! :-)

Anyway--run on over to Morning Glory's and Lei's and find what others have to say today. There are always a variety of perspectives on the given topic. I think you will enjoy your visit. I'm going over a little later today to read. Hope to see you there!

• Someone we know is celebrating the anniversary of her 29th birthday.
Leigh Ann is not really old enough to worry about how many years she is from 29, but she is funny, funny, funny and extremely creative. She has been celebrating her day by giving other people gifts! Today is the last day to get in on the Birthday Giveaway so you better hurry over! You can find her at Living to Learn and Learning to Live. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEIGH ANN! Thanks for sharing the fun and your special day with us.

Overwhelmed is launching a new Bloggy activity this week. She is hosting Pay It Forward Book Exchange. If you are a reader you will probably want to get in on this one. The first book she is offering is Lucky, by Alice Sebold. She suggests that other bloggers might like to grab her button and do their own Pay It Forward Exchange. Head on over tojoin the fun! Note: I am supposed to insert Overwhelmed's button here. I cannot get it in! I will continue to try, but Blogger is currently refusing it with a quirky little comment. Sorry.bout that!

• Barb at A Chelsea Morning is giving away a set of Debbie Macomber 's series, Cedar Cove. Ya'll that's six books! On second thought, don't go over there--She probably already has about three hundred people signed up--And, Anyway--I want this one!

• Those of you with little girls might want to go over to Skimbaco and link up for the beautiful child's eternity necklace they are giving away in their weekly contest. I just know it would look delightful on my little granddaughter, E Girl!

OK--I've given you several places to visit. You better get on the road. Oh--transportation? Not a problem--
Your Carriage Awaits!

Click to Mix and Solve

Click on the picture to work this fun little puzzle.
Have Fun! I'll see you soon!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:41 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At July 10, 2007 at 2:06 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Well, you're just full of info today! Thanks for the plug for Woman to Woman. It's been an inspiring topic to read from so many points of view.

Don't worry about not having time to write for it. The joy of the whole project is the freedom to write when you can or want to.

Happy Tuesday, Friend.

 
At July 10, 2007 at 2:53 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Have a great Tuesday. You've shared some interesting links!
:)

 
At July 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Thanks for the links, Myrna. I've already visited most of them. :-)

I know what you mean about Demon Blogger. I've actually been having pretty good luck with it lately, but when it wants to it can really be a booger! :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 10, 2007 at 8:34 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thank you for all the link, Myrna!! I hope you had a great Tuesday!
Kelli

 
At July 10, 2007 at 10:42 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes and you kind words! You are such a blessing to me!

I've got 20 minutes left to enjoy my birthday - I'm 32 - I'm proud of it and I'm no longer going to celebrate the anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yeah right, who am I kidding? ;)

 
At July 11, 2007 at 7:44 AM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Good Morning - make sure you stop by my blog today - you're a winner!

 
At July 11, 2007 at 10:57 AM, Blogger Lei said...

Thanks for spreading the word, Myrna. Hope to see you again next time. :)

 
At July 11, 2007 at 12:47 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Hey Girl, you sure have been around ole' Bloggyville today! Sounds like some good things to check out and my blog is down for the moment so I have time to go visit some of the ones you mentioned. Love the Woman to Woman they always have some great topics to read and think about. Guess I'd better get moving and check all these things out! Thanks! xoxox

 
At July 11, 2007 at 6:55 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love your suggestions for a good marriage!

I will try to check out some of the sites you suggested when I get some time.

 
At July 11, 2007 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Myrna...I, too, enjoy Woman to Woman, but the last few times have somehow missed out on participating.

Marriage is such a good topic, though...and I can only imagine the richness you would have added to it, Myrna. I have gained so much just by what I've read so far about your loving relationship and the hurdles you've both faced along the way.

Blessings!

 
At July 13, 2007 at 1:43 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Thanks, Myrna, for entering my Pay It Forward Book Exchange! I’ll throw your name in the hat for the “Lucky” book that I’m giving away..

Check back on Saturday morning when I’ll draw and announce the winner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Awesome God - Michael W. Smith
Do Civics and Bloglines Go Together?
Show and Tell
A Little After the Holiday Randomness
"O'er the land of the free and the home of the bra...
Walk the Red Carpet
A little Break for Celebrating and Remembering the...
June 28, 1969
Randomness Abounds
Be Thou My Vision--With Fernando Instead of Travis...

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: