Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Walk the Red Carpet

While I was off the computer for a few days some blogging friends were busy sharing awards with friends. I feel very honored that a couple of those friends decided to send compliments my way. I really haven't paid much attention to awards in bloggyville, mainly because I feel so new and inexperienced at the art and craft of blogging. I would think a blogger would be a little further into the blogging habit before being noticed enough to be considered for AN AWARD! So it is with great humility, and a bit of humor, that I accept these awards!



Susan at Penless Writer gave me this shout out for the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award:
"MYRNA of Cherish...the Word - Talk about grace under fire and you are talking about this sweet woman. Myrna you are an inspiration to me as you walk the walk and demonstrate such grace, joy and enthusiasm. You amaze me and you surely are one super special ROCKING GIRL who earns this award."

Susan--You are so kind and gracious. I appreciate your comments. However, please know I am just an ordinary Christian woman living God's plan (Jeremiah 29:11) for me and trying as best I know how to fulfill the vows I made 38 years ago. Thank you!

And NOW--Please walk the red carpet with me while I give awards to these fine people for , well, you know, being ROCKIN' GIRL BLOGGERS! Some of these may already have been tapped for this award. In which case--ROCK AGAIN . . . ! Oh--one more thing before I announce the award winners! I know some of you may have already received this--maybe even more than once--and some of you may not have time or may not choose to play along. That's just fine! We will understand if you don't tap people for this award. If you have the time and inclination you are invited to choose five Rockin' Girl Bloggers to honor. OK--Here we go, in no particular order!
DRUM R-O-O-O-L-L PLEASE!!
• Kelli at There's No Place Like Home. She hosts Show and Tell, which I really love! I look forward to Fridays. Thank you, Kelli. You ROCK!
• Midlife Mom at Home on the Range--She is a fairly new blogger like me. I love the way she loves her family--and Buddy, her horse!
• Leigh Ann at Living to Learn and Learning to Live--She is so creative. I hate to tell you because I want to win, but she is doing a great birthday giveaway thing right now! Now don't everybody stampede over there!
• Lynne at Lynne's Little Corner of the World--She is a READER. like I used to be before I started blogging! Lynne is a good writer and does wonderful book reviews. If you haven't met her, it is well worth your while to drop by her little corner.
Lavender Chick--I'm just getting to know her, but I am intrigued by her life on a Lavender Farm and I love the Texas Hill Country, so I'm going to give her a shout out. Ya'll go on over and meet her--fascinating place that lavender farm. I discovered her through Boomama, so you know she's gotta ROCK!



That Tammy girl over at Family Doin's also picked me for an award--The Blogger Reflection Award. Thank you much, Miss Tammy!

This award was started by a sixteen year old girl who asks bloggers to choose others who:
...have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."
Tammy said:
"Yet another new friend is Myrna from "Cherish. . . the word! She is truly a woman of grace...she has been faced with many hard challenges in life, yet she radiates her steady positive outlook, which she bases on Christ alone. She is truly an inspiration of faithfulness and a wonderful model of a woman of God."

Tammy--My goodness! I appreciate your kind comments, but really I'm just trying, like so many others, to walk with God on the path he has given me. You are a sweetheart to think of me!

Well, Alrighty then! Let's prepare to walk that red carpet again--to find some people who inspire and bless me. Really, all the people I read deserve some award. All are remarkable women who are, in one way or another, making a difference in the world. But, I will choose some who--even though some of them are new friends through blogging--have made me think, given me encouragement, or have blessed me.

Again--Don't feel that you are obligated to choose others or to play along with us. Those are decisions each person has to make based on time and personal preference, etc. Some of you have probably received this award and have already moved on to other blogging business. That's just fine with me! :-)

TA DAH! Women whose blogs I enjoy reading and from whom I get inspiration, encouragement, and blessings.--
• Amanda at Baby Bangs and The LPM Blog. Amanda is a young mom who loves Jesus and shares that love with her family, her friends, and the world. She can share this award with her sweet mama, Beth--because, well, because they are Beth and Amanda! Enuff said!
• Betty at Country Charm. I would love to just sit in Betty's lovely home or outside in her beautiful gardens and have a good old fashioned conversation with her. I just know she has stories to tell. She is a gem!
• Morning Glory at Seeds in My Garden. MG inspires with her beautiful sunset/sunrise photography, her gentle love of her husband and family, and her obvious joy in the world around her.
• Becky at The Butler's Wife. You know when you meet some people that you are going to like them--Becky is one of those kind of blogging friends. She and I share a teaching background, raising boys, and love of family and the Lord. She also makes me laugh!
• OK--This is like Lay's Potato Chips--Remember, "You can't eat just one." I can't pick just one more. There are people all over the blogosphere who inspire me and bless me in some way every time I read a post. There are a few that I have never made a comment to--I just sort of lurk over every once in a while (I know, I need to quit that!). There are others that I read regularly and make comments to on a regular basis. there are still others with whom I have written emails back and forth.. I feel like friends with some of them. How can I pick just five?! There's Diane, Barb, Boomama, , Susan, and Susie, and Tammy, and . . .

Really! I can't even begin to! I have been blessed by the fun of blogging and by meeting such a variety of women. I love hearing the stories of family, of experiences with children, of how God has touched lives, and how women are striving to make their world better every day. Thank you, all for enriching my life and inspiring me in so many ways. why don't you use the comments to tell us about at least one blogger who blesses you in some way!

Labels:


  posted at 4:49 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At July 3, 2007 at 5:27 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thank you so much, Myrna, you are such a sweetie!! I always enjoy my visit here at your place! Congratulations on your awards! Have a wonderful 4th of July with your family!!
Hugs,
Kelli

 
At July 3, 2007 at 8:19 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

YeeHaw! I've won an award! Thanks Myrna! Yes, I do love my family and enjoy them more then anything! I also care very deeply for my animals and when they hurt I hurt for them. Buddy is my friend, not just a pet, I know you know what I mean! Say a prayer for us on Thursday at 1:00 EST as that's when we go back to the vet and see how things are going. Thanks! xoxox

 
At July 3, 2007 at 8:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Congratulations on your awards Myrna. You posts are always filled with your faith and encouraging words.
I read so many different blogs, that I would truly hesitate in singling out just one. I'm having trouble paying my own award forward to just 5!
Happy 4th to you!
xo

 
At July 3, 2007 at 10:53 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I whole-heartedly agree with everything that has been said about you Myrna. Congratulations on these well deserved awards.
You did a great job handing out awards too. I am discovering new blogging friends in just this way.
Have a joyful fourth!!

 
At July 4, 2007 at 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mryna - congrats on your awards. You truly deserve them. And thanks for giving me the Rockin' Blogger Girl award. Can you tell how much I love to read?? It's better than cleaning, that's for sure.

 
At July 4, 2007 at 6:26 AM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Thank you so much Myrna - you are so sweet!! 6 more days of give-aways! Happy 4th!

 
At July 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for passing the Rockin' Girl Award along!
Susan

 
At July 4, 2007 at 9:51 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Congratulations on your awards and thank you for thinking of me. I'll be responding to this later in the week. I'm glad we "met" here in blogland.

 
At July 4, 2007 at 10:16 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Mrs. Myrna, congratulations on your awards! And thank you, thank you, thank you for honoring mom and me with the Blogger Reflection Award! You are so sweet! I hope y'all have a wonderful 4th of July. Tell Mr. L hi for me!

 
At July 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM, Blogger Lavender Chick said...

Myrna, First of all, congrats on your awards! They are certainly well deserved. Secondly, THANKS for the Rockin' Blogger Girl Award! I'm just embarrased that I'm late with my thank you. I'm so new in the Blog world, that I'm still learning about all this stuff. I just learned this week what a meme is, still don't know where the term came from though. Thanks to you, I just learned about Bloglines - who knew? This will help me so much. I have SO much to learn.

Anyway, thanks again and CONGRATS to you!

 
At July 8, 2007 at 2:39 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna,
I've missed visiting with you all this past week....thank you for even thinking of me for any award...so many ladies have enriched my life with their faith, experiences, etc.

Thanks for visiting with me and commenting.....Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
A little Break for Celebrating and Remembering the...
June 28, 1969
Randomness Abounds
Be Thou My Vision--With Fernando Instead of Travis...
Be Thou My Vision
Woman to Woman"Share an important quote and what i...
Oh My Goodness! Computer Problems!
Show and Tell--Bible Study Treasure
Home Again, Home Again. . .
Tomorrow's Life Adventure

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: