Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Randomness Abounds
Scanner Woes Solved!

I have been trying for some time to scan some old photos. You may have read about that here.
I had scanner woes! I have woes no more!

In that older post I said we would have a photo fest at Cherish . . . when I solved the problem. Well, get set! Tomorrow the fest begins! I didn't solve the problem by myself. My husband--bless his sweet heart--took pity on my misery and said, "Let's just get a new one!"

You gotta love a man like that! I really think he had a good idea! The solution is much better than the two older models that were not cooperative with me. Here's the solution machine! All practice scans have been successful!


Ya'll come back tomorrow! We'll be having a little mini photo fest celebrating a very important date in the House of S. It will feature a young, happy, and pretty much clueless couple!


Blogging Contests

In traveling around the blogoshpere I have noticed several giveaways. I thought I would remind you of some of those. I'm sure there are more. these are the ones I have seen most recently. Don't forget to sign up!

Mrs. U at Making a House a Home is celebrating the First Anniversary of her blog Lots of goodies for the dedicated, or would-be dedicated homemaker.

Five Minutes for Mom--The Moms say they will be posting a dozen contest in celebration of the Fourth of July. You will need to keep checking back to sign up for each contest. Now you don't really have to sign up for the swimsuit one--I need that! Well, the ice cream one looks good , too. Maybe you should just ignore this and move on to other things--Don't ya'll need to clean a room, read a book, or at least write another post! :-)

Overwhelmed With Joy has a book giveaway going on--The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. I have read this book. You will be swept into a story full of family secrets and the consequences of life-changing decisions. You will stay engaged to the very end. Go on over and get in on the fun.

We probably shouldn't mention Barb's wedding favor giveaway. It's almost time for it to be over and she has about three million people signed up for thirty wedding favors from that beautiful wedding she planned with and for her daughter! Well, go on over if you really want to risk the odds. You know the way!

I'm sure there are other contests out there. Let me know if you see another good one!

See ya tomorrow when that young couple will be here!

Labels:


  posted at 6:32 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At June 27, 2007 at 6:34 PM, Blogger LBP said...

A new scanner! Yay! I am so scanner impaired. I have been shown a dozen times how to use it and it just won't stick! I'm going to have to write the directions down!

 
At June 27, 2007 at 10:06 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Great!!! So glad you got a new scanner. Will be eager to see the photos.
Susan

 
At June 27, 2007 at 10:14 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a sweet husband to get you a new scanner! I can't wait to see your pictures!
Kelli

 
At June 28, 2007 at 12:12 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

So nice of your hubby that he took pity on your scanner woes! What a sweet guy!

And thanks for all the links...I'll check them out! (Ice cream AND swimsuits...hmmmm...) ;)

 
At June 28, 2007 at 5:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am leaving to go out of town but it "sounds" like you are going to be celebrating without me. I can't wait to see the pictures but I will have to - about 2 1/2 weeks.

Anyway, if it is what I think it is then ... happy anniversary. Ooooh, was I the first??

 
At June 28, 2007 at 11:08 AM, Blogger Susie said...

You'll have fun tripping back down memory lane as you scan away. I scanned so many for my 40th anniversary series that I vowed to lay off scanning for awhile!!
Looking forward to seeing your "young couple" photos...
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Be Thou My Vision--With Fernando Instead of Travis...
Be Thou My Vision
Woman to Woman"Share an important quote and what i...
Oh My Goodness! Computer Problems!
Show and Tell--Bible Study Treasure
Home Again, Home Again. . .
Tomorrow's Life Adventure
New look for Cherish. . .the word!
Happy Father's DayToMy Husband, LeeAndOur Sons,Gre...
Show and Tell--Treasures from Grandmother

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: