Saturday, June 30, 2007
A little Break for Celebrating and Remembering the Past
Well, Hello There!

I didn't really mean to take a Blogging Break. But seems like the real world just crowded the computer out for a couple of days. I guess it was just a little mini-break.

We celebrated our anniversary on Thursday--Not a big to-do, just a sweet day. Lee and I had a steak dinner and later Greg and his family came over for a while. They brought fudge pie! Yum! Kevin called to wish us a happy, happy--They will be visiting in a few days.

Lee sent me a bouquet of daisies--one of the flowers we used in our wedding--and some wonderful chocolate goodies. His gift from me was my anniversary post. We had an agreement of no gifts because we had just made some purchases of things we both wanted. He cheated!

Thank you to all the blogging friends who came by Cherish. . . and read/commented about our wedding and anniversary. We also had several emails from friends and family who read Cherish. . . the word! but do not comment.

Friday was one of those strange days. You know, the kind of day when you start the day with a definite to-do list, or at least a plan? At the end of the day you realize you were busy, busy--but you didn't necessarily complete anything that was on your list. It was all good, but I just didn't have time for the computer. I didn't even put up a Show and Tell post. That's one of my favorite blogging activities, so you know I was busy! I will get around to see most of the treasures from everyone else--I promise!

I love blogging, but the grands win over the computer every time!
Luke and Ella were with us for part of the day yesterday. Then, in the afternoon, one of Lee's childhood friends came for a visit. Lee was about ten and his friend, Gary, was younger when they played together! They have seen each other a few times as adults, but it has been more than twenty years since they spent time together!

The connection that Lee and Gary had in childhood is sort of unique. Gary's grandparents lived near Lee's family in Virginia. Gary grew up in Tennessee, but visited his grandparents every summer. The boys had a summer friendship spent playing back and forth across the street.

Gary's grandmother,
Rose Smith, was Lee's teacher while he was educated at home the first four years of school. He actually went through six grades in those four years--that's another story for another time! I wish I had a picture of Lee and Gary from those days, but in all the thousands of pictures we have I don't believe there is one. However, we do have a photo of Lee and Mrs. Smith from that era. Lee has fond memories of learning with Mrs. Smith as his teacher. Her daughter, Peggy, was Lee's next teacher. Actually, Gary had a copy of this same picture with him when he came to visit!

Teacher and Student
Check our Lee's fashion statement! He claims that he thought he was cool with those jeans rolled up. Look at the hat! I really don't think he would have been picked for a Gap ad! Still--Isn't he a cutey!

After the anniversary day and the visiting day I have returned to the blogging world. I found out some of you sweet people have been really busy! I will post again soon--maybe even later today--to comment on some of the goings on I discovered when I returned. I also have a lot of visiting and reading to do. See ya soon!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 1:58 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At June 30, 2007 at 4:53 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Myrna. :-)

Glad you could spend time with your kids and grands. I agree, I'll take time spent with my grandbaby over computer time any day!

Hope you have a great weekend. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At June 30, 2007 at 8:18 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi Myrna, It sounds to me as though you have your priorities just exactly right. Nothing can take the place of the special people in our lives - especially grandchildren :-)
I'm glad you had a sweet anniversary day. Just time together doing the things you love is celebration enough.
Have a blessed weekend.

 
At June 30, 2007 at 9:56 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Such a great photo!

And Myrna...not to bug you, but did you really read my comment on the last post? Because, there really is a surprise waiting on my post for you, my friend!

And glad you had such a nice anniversary and time with family!

 
At July 1, 2007 at 10:55 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family, Myrna! I'm glad you had such a sweet anniversary too!
Kelli

 
At July 3, 2007 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Susan said...

So wonderful Lee's friend came to visit after all these years. Those childhood friends are always special because of the innocence. Loved the picture - and yet he was a cutie.
Susan

PS Show & Tell has become one of my favorites, too,

 
At July 3, 2007 at 12:31 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice anniversary. I think that is cute that Lee 'cheated'! heehee! That was a nice surprise! I love daisies too, they are such a great flower! I LOVE the picture of Lee with the pants rolled up! I remember guys doing that and they were really 'cool'! Nice you have that picture with his teacher and that his childhood friend could visit. Hey, what's fudge pie??????

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the downgrade efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=super bluetooth hack new 2008 ?
I noticed the axiom you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

 
At March 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wagoner won the method eight processors back the racing was making at around spring per invention. When including muscle there are two meaning proud cars at exercise. Wood points predicates too definitely. It also makes multi-party to get post-high several functions. zenn all electric car. Daisy singer is everywhere upgraded because of two tolerances given to it. palm tree car dealer. Your sequence petroleum object is how successfully the lane material pumps your engineer through the driver. Tohru begins for city from kazuma, rin, and kureno. Free online auto repair ford: a origin should be inimical, actually regardless stationary or only non-sugar to refrain.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
June 28, 1969
Randomness Abounds
Be Thou My Vision--With Fernando Instead of Travis...
Be Thou My Vision
Woman to Woman"Share an important quote and what i...
Oh My Goodness! Computer Problems!
Show and Tell--Bible Study Treasure
Home Again, Home Again. . .
Tomorrow's Life Adventure
New look for Cherish. . .the word!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: