Friday, July 6, 2007
Do Civics and Bloglines Go Together?
How About a Little Civics Test!

I found this on someone's blog yesterday. I took the test and copied it to my blog and didn't get the name of the blog. I went back looking for it so I could give someone credit for leading me to it, but I couldn't find the correct blog. Sorry!

It is a pretty cool little test of what you remember from High School Civics! I surprised myself! I guess I did learn something in Coach Lowrance's class! Come on--give it a try! Just click on the question to go to the test. I don't think anyone will revoke your citizenship if you can't remember all the answers! :-)




You Passed the US Citizenship Test



Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!

Could You Pass the US Citizenship Test?



How 'Bout Those Bloglines, Rolls, and Readers


Thanks for the comments about organizing the blogs you read. Seems like bloglines is the choice for most people. I tried to sign up with them, but we are stuck at the point where I'm supposed to respond to an email they say they sent me. I never got it! So--I am on Blogrolling for now, but I am not sure their service gives me everything I want. I'm still looking. I may try Google Reader. It has a couple of extra perks I might like. And--who knows--bloglines might decide to let me on!

All this internet, computer stuff really makes my head hurt sometimes. Computers are like cars with me. You are supposed to be able to turn them on and they do everything you want! Doesn't always happen that way with me and cars, computers, or any electronics.

As a school principal I was accustomed to finding someone who knew what to do and getting them to do it! I did my own word processing, and my computerized record keeping. I wrote the reports, etc for the district office and the state. If it had my name on it I was writing it. But as for the real techy stuff--I used anyone who knew more than me to get it done.

At one time I was one of the teachers in my school who was on the cutting edge of technology. You know, in the group that wrote the grants and helped choose the computers and other technology that we bought. Technology was not in the District Budget in those days, so we had to find the money ourselves if we wanted any "modern innovations" in the classroom. Of course, that was back in the day when being on the cutting edge meant you knew how to flip the switch on the computer to make it "boot up." Oh! We were So Happenin'!

One time it was actually a plus for me in an interview that I knew how to put bullets in a document. I got the job--Assistant Principal. I mean, REALLY! The principal and I shared a computer--it was in my office. YES, that tells you something about who did most of the computer work that was needed! I LOVED that job--and that principal. But, ya'll, I faked a lot of that computer knowledge--I just acted like I knew what I was doing until I figured it out! :)

Things have come a long way in technology. I can still fake it for awhile on some computer tasks. But, there are still things that just bring that tech headache on. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I plan to figure out the listin', rollin', or readin' of your blogs before long.

Hey--Speakin' of bloglines and such. A member of my irl family has joined us in blogland. I just knew someone would before long! I think there may be a couple more that will come along soon. I'm going to give this sweet one a couple of posts to get going and then I'll send you her way! She is a good writer and should have plenty of stories to tell--Her family will supply her with A LOT of blog fodder!


Labels: ,


  posted at 10:36 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At July 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I passed the civics test but I'm a bit embarrassed by my score. I thought I'd done better than 7 out of 10. I wish it gave the right answers so you'd know which ones you missed.

You might try signing up with Bloglines again using a different password. It might help, who knows?

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, Myrna! :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 7, 2007 at 6:09 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm using Google reader now instead of bloglines. I really think it's a bit more reliable and has great features too.
:)

 
At July 7, 2007 at 6:17 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm with you Myrna on the tech stuff but I love the writing and posting.
Susan

 
At July 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Myrna for the comment on my blog spot. I'm so excited Holly and I can keep up with each other and the children. It just seems the older our children get, the more busy we get, but I'm sure you remember all that. Keep in touch!
Toree

 
At July 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM, Blogger Julieann said...

I enjoyed this post. Good luck with the bloglines and google reader---I have not yet joined either..LOL---

You were a principal? Wowee, that is very impressive--- :o)

Julieann

 
At July 8, 2007 at 3:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I got 9 right, but wish I knew which one was wrong - I think it's which state was not one of the original 13. That one stumped me - I thought they all were.

I don't use Bloglines - too complex for me - techno challenged as I am. If it weren't for my daughter, I would not even be here!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love having new blog friends. Have we "met" before? Please come back!

 
At July 8, 2007 at 7:33 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Good job on the test Myrna. I'll try it later :-). I know exactly what you mean about techy stuff. I got pleased with myself for mastering the things I needed to know for blogging and then every time something out of the ordinary pops up I am reminded of how little I really know - that pride thing rearing its ugly head again.
I'm with you - it should work when you turn it on, with no problems. And it should never, ever break down. Somehow it doesn't seem to work that way.
I know you'll get it all figured out, or there will be someone out there who can definitely help you out.
Hope it was a wonderful weekend.

 
At July 8, 2007 at 9:31 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I got 8 out of 10, but I wish I knew which ones I missed. Good luck getting organized with the blogs. =o)

 
At July 8, 2007 at 9:31 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

This was such a cute post Myrna - I loved your techie stories!

With bloglines, could you have typed in your address wrong? Because those things usually mail out immediately - you can always go back and try again.

 
At July 10, 2007 at 10:49 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hope yu manage with Bloglines. I am still having problems getting it to work. I am going away for a few days and need to try again when I come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Show and Tell
A Little After the Holiday Randomness
"O'er the land of the free and the home of the bra...
Walk the Red Carpet
A little Break for Celebrating and Remembering the...
June 28, 1969
Randomness Abounds
Be Thou My Vision--With Fernando Instead of Travis...
Be Thou My Vision
Woman to Woman"Share an important quote and what i...

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: