Friday, February 8, 2008
Show and Tell Friday--A Special Ring
It is Show and Tell Friday
with Kelli from
There Is No Place Like Home.
Go on over and get in on the fun!


I'm a little late getting my post up, but I just couldn't let another Friday go by without Showing and Telling! I've been missing out on the fun since before Christmas! That just won't do at all!

Today I am sharing a ring that is very special to me.

This is my mother's high school senior ring. I cherish it because it was hers of course. It also reminds me how much she valued education. I think she would appreciate that I was an educator and the fact that I completed three college degrees.

Beulah graduated from Stamford High School in Stamford, Texas in 1928. (Before you start thinking I am ancient, let me tell you--I am the youngest of four children. The others are MUCH older. Well, at least they were all born before me--AND--My mother was not extremely young when I was born). :-) Now, as I was saying--You can tell the ring was important to her because it is very well-worn. She must have worn it for almost twenty-five years. The dates on the side are almost completely worn off. The mascot on the front is a very vague Bulldog. One feature of the ring that does not show the aging is inside the ring--her initials-- BBA. Those letters are very clearly etched on the inside back of the ring.


My mother passed away in 1953. I was in the first grade. I have had the ring for several years. When I first got it I put it in a safe place and didn't wear it much. I didn't want to risk losing it. Later I realized that the well-worn condition testifies to the fact that my mother wore it often. I think she would want the ring to be used. Now I wear it often.

Thank you for taking a look at my special ring. I'm sure you have something you cherish and would like to share with the rest of us. You can still go on over to Kelli's and link up.

  posted at 6:43 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At February 8, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful keepsake!

 
At February 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Muum said...

That is a wonderful way to remember your mother.

 
At February 8, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That's a very special ring, a treasure for you! I don't think people these days have "class rings" like they used to, do they?

Katherine

 
At February 8, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

That is so sweet Myrna! How wonderful that you have her ring for a keepsake.

 
At February 9, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Blogger Connie Marie said...

Things that we keep from our parents that have gone on are so special, I am glad you have something that was so special to your Mom. Thanks for showing it.

 
At February 9, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh what a special treasure, Myrna. I would wear it often, too!!
Susan

 
At February 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Blogger Julieann said...

What a wonderful reminder of your mother. I am sure is very proud of you!

Beautiful Show and Tell!

Julieann

 
At February 9, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Betty said...

You are so blessed to have such a precious keepsake of your Mother's...

Thank you for dropping in to visit with me....Betty

 
At February 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Blogger JEWELGIRL said...

A wonderful piece of family
jewelry. Well worn, well loved.

 
At February 9, 2008 at 11:51 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a wonderful treasure, Myrna! I'm glad that you wear it often!
Hugs,
Kelli

 
At February 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

What a wonderful way to connect with your mother. I love it.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great show and tell item....I bet you love having it!

 
At February 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I love this. I'm so sorry you lost your mother so early in life...and I can see why you treasure this ring so very much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Fmily Feud
Toilet Seats With Covers
Weather Report--Storms in Tennessee
Groundhog Day Musings
Family Birth Celebration and Some Randomness
Catching Up!
Lee
Dear Friends and Family
Who Am I?
Hello to the New Year!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: