Saturday, January 26, 2008
Catching Up!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOLLY!!
I'm a day late, but I hope I can be forgiven.
I decided this was a good subject for my first post
after a longer-than-I-planned-for blogging break!


Holly is my daughter-in-law. I love her dearly! She is a creative, talented, intelligent, hard-working, generous, and, godly woman. I believe that God chose her to be my son's wife. Their two sons, Joshua and Spoony, are 10 and 6. They are an active and precious family.

Holly's birthday is the first one of the year for our family. For the adults she is the youngest; Lee is the oldest. Our birthdays march through the year from hers in January to Lee's in July in order of age. I won't tell the ages, but just know that none of us will get younger this year! :-)

Lee and I are so glad Holly is a part of our family. Happy Birthday, Girl!


Lee

Lee is doing somewhat better now than he was a couple of weeks ago. This week he had a couple of medical procedures here at home. His nurse is one of our favorite people! She comes twice a week and takes such good care of him. This week she saved him a trip to the hospital by being able to take care of a procedure at home She and another nurse worked together to save him a trip that he did not want to make. He is recovering from all that quite well. Energy is still a concern and he is having some trouble with his voice.

However, today he was able to have a phone conversation with a friend in Texas who is also a part of the ministry that Lee writes for--Christ to the World. Lee has been able to do a little work this week on some scripts for that broadcast ministry.




The highlight of his week was probably a

Monday visit from two good friends--
Richard and Aria. they had a good visit reliving past adventures and experiences. As you can see, Lee gave Aria a Tennessee Titans cap. Aria brought Lee a book of maps of Israel.



Aria is from Israel. He served as a guide and consultant on a trip we were on in Israel in 2000 and again on a trip to Greece in 2002. We enjoy visiting with him when he is in our country on business. What a treat to have a good visit with him!





Richard is a good friend and former business colleague. In fact, he was Lee's "boss" for several years. He has been a true friend during Lee's illness. He sat with me for hours the day Lee was admitted to the hospital almost three years ago. Since then he has been faithful about visiting. He comes to our home on a regular basis and often brings other friends with him. We treasure his friendship!





So! Ok!
I'm back from my little blogging vacation.
I'll be seeing you around Bloggityville.
I have a lot of catching up to do!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 2:26 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At January 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy Birthday to Holly, and I'm so glad to hear that Lee is doing somewhat better. Glad too to see your new post! ;o)

Have a blessed Sunday, Myrna.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At January 27, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Blogger Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to Holly. She sounds (and looks) like a beautiful woman. It appears that Lee enjoyed his visitors and am glad he avoided a trip to the hospital.

 
At January 27, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad to hear Lee is doing better :)
Happy Birthday to Holly. Today is our son's birthday.
xo

 
At January 27, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I'm glad you're back Myrna and that Lee is doing better. You are both a wonderful testimony to His grace. What a blessing to have good friends stop by for a visit.
Happy Birthday to Holly!! We go in reverse order in our family. My Dad is first - and he is the oldest!
Blessings to both of you today.

 
At January 27, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Happy, happy birthday to Holly!! Isn't it a blessing to have a wonderful DIL?!! We love our DIL too, she is such an important part of our family.

So glad Lee is feeling a bit better!!!! The nurses that come to the home are such a huge help. So glad they saved Lee a couple trips to the hospital.

Another blessing is having good friends that stick by us through thick and thin. It sure looks like you guys have some good ones!

Take care and I'm glad you're back blogging!! xoxo

 
At January 27, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Welcome back Myrna! And a very happy birthday to Holly!

 
At January 28, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Glad to "see" you today. I was thinking about you and Lee yesterday!!

Happy birthday to Holly.
Susan

 
At January 28, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's good to have you back - and to see pictures! I will be getting to the questions tonight, I hope.

 
At January 29, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Glad to see that you are still around and everything is going well for you. So glad to hear that Lee is doing a little better.

 
At January 29, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I answered your question!

 
At January 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks so much for the kind words. It makes it so nice to know that I have two wonderful in-laws that love me so much. I had a good birthday & it looks like ya'll had a good time with the visitors. Thanks for the wishes!
I love you,
Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Lee
Dear Friends and Family
Who Am I?
Hello to the New Year!
I'm Baaaack!
God Is With Us!
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007
Tour of Homes--Postponed at the House of S
O, Holy NIght
Show and Tell--A Christmas Treasure

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: