Sunday, January 13, 2008
Lee
A Lee Update
I'll soon be back with my regular
random nonsense! :-)


Lee is doing better! He seems to have improved a little from whatever was going on a few days ago. That's the way it goes around here. He will give me a scare anLinkd then something happens to change things!

This time, I believe the "something" was Lee needed to do a task for the mission organization he does volunteer writing for--Christ to the World Ministries. This organization has an amazing story and ministry! It supplies the gospel message--primarily to Asian countries--through radio broadcasts. There is also an Internet connection--www.christtotheworld.com/. Lee's involvement involves developing and writing radio scripts.

After a particularly rough day during this past week, we got a call asking for Lee to resubmit some of the work he had done. Seems there was a glitch of some kind and they needed new copies. I told our friend who called that I would probably need to do it because I didn't think Lee would be up to it. I had visions of having to search his computer to find what was needed. I should have known better!

Lee insisted he would take care of the task! I think it helped him have something to focus on and gave him the purpose he so eagerly seeks. I told you in my last post that Lee and God make a good team. God lets Lee know when He has a job for him; Lee always responds! This was a relatively small task. However, I think it was just what Lee needed to get over a bump in the road.

I don't want to misrepresent Lee's condition. It is still serious and will continue to be. Although we believe anything is possible with God, we also understand the physical/medical realities of Lee's condition. We feel God has given us more than one miracle on this journey. We are grateful.

Thank you, family and friends, for your continuing prayers. It means so much to know there are people who care for us--quite literally all over the world. What a blessing!

Of course, there are football games to be watched this weekend, so Lee is "busy"!! (The Titans are out of the race now, so today we supported Peyton's team! The Colts lost anyway!)

We continue to be amazed at God's grace and mercy in our very unique daily walk.

Labels:


  posted at 5:20 PM  
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At January 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God does work in strange and wonderful ways.

 
At January 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Blogger Mrs. M said...

WONDERFUL news! Really wonderful. Thanks for letting us know. It is the power of prayer for sure.

 
At January 13, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Lee needs to be needed, as we all do. When he can contribute something it's bound to give him a lift. It's amazing what God can do when we ask Him in Jesus' name.

I'm glad Lee's better for now. God's grace is sufficient, over and over again.

Love you, my friends,

Diane

 
At January 13, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Praise our wonderful Lord! He is not finished with Lee yet.

 
At January 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Lee sure sounds like one strong person!

 
At January 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I was so happy to hear of the improvement in your husband! He is so blessed to have such a committed, caring, believing wife!

 
At January 14, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, I am just now catching up...I prayed for Lee just now and will continue to pray for both of you this week!
(((HUGS)))

 
At January 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I know how precious those good days are. I pray you'll both have more and more of them.

 
At January 14, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Praise God - and good for Lee!! That is such good news. I will continue to pray for both of you.

 
At January 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Blogger Susan said...

God is faithful and God is awesome!!!
Susan

 
At January 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

What a lovely post! If only we all could listen to God's voice and do what He wants us to do!! Thank you for keeping us posted on Lee's progress! xoxox

 
At January 16, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Myrna, what a blessing just to read your blog. You and Lee are always in our prayers! God has given Lee so many things to do while he is here on this earth, and what a blessing for all of us. I know that Kevin is spending the night with you both tonight, and I am so glad you get to spend some time with him.

May glad continue to bless you and keep you. We love you both!

 
At January 16, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Blogger Needled Mom said...

So glad to hear that Lee was up to God's calling. I am keeping you in my prayers. May you all continue to have the strength that is asked of you.

 
At January 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I hope everything is stilll going okay!

 
At January 26, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I am so glad to hear Lee is doing better!!! I'll continue to keep him in my prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Dear Friends and Family
Who Am I?
Hello to the New Year!
I'm Baaaack!
God Is With Us!
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007
Tour of Homes--Postponed at the House of S
O, Holy NIght
Show and Tell--A Christmas Treasure
It's Time to Rock Around that Tree!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: