Friday, February 1, 2008
Family Birth Celebration and Some Randomness
Our family is welcoming a precious new baby to the world.

Welcome Kaitlynd!


Kaitlynd Rae
January 24, 2007
7lbs. 6 oz.
20 1/2 inches


What a beauty! I believe she has the long legs to play basketball--or maybe model! :-)

Proud parents are Paula and Chris. Paula is my niece. I have a picture of Kaitlynd and her daddy, but Blogger will just not take it! Go figure! Sorry, Chris! I think mom was being camera shy on Katie's birth day! :-)



Grayson Day is the happy big brother.
He is about 2 1/2 years old--and a VERY precious, sweet child.
I understand Grayson calls his sister Katie Baby!
Carlene (my sister-in-law) is the proud grandmother.

Katie will be well loved by the whole family!


Random Thoughts About Household Upkeep!

I realize I'm a little late welcoming Kaitlynd. I'm just having a little trouble staying connected these days. I'm getting there, but resuming blogging has been more difficult than I thought it would be!

This week has been consumed by exciting things like plumbers! Is there a law that says everything in a house falls apart when it gets near the ten year mark?! I have had to call for a plumber three times in the last month!!

YIKES! I think all water and waste carrying pipes and all faucets are working properly now. If they are not, I think this will have to be my solution to the problem now. I mean enough's enough!
I have another task I need to work on now. Have you ever ordered furniture online? It can be quite an experience! Sometimes it works out--sometimes not so much! Well, we just got a new TV. We are enjoying it, but we needed a new console or something for it because we did not want to put it on the wall.

So--because I do not do much store type shopping these days--I grabbed the trusty laptop and went shopping. We chose this as the piece we would purchase. The description promised--"Very little assembly required." I was sure I could handle putting doors on or something simple like that.


One of the dangers of online shopping for large items is delivery time. No problem there--It arrived very promptly. However, this is what it looks like! Uh! Not exactly the right size box for "very little assembly required."



It has been sitting in the middle of the floor (it weighs 300 lbs!) for several days. I left it there while I decided if it was going back or staying here. I just telling everyone to "watch out for my "assembled" TV console."

I have read the directions, reread them, and reread them again. I have decided I can too put this thing together! I'll keep you posted. Maybe It will be under the TV (a substitute table is there now) in time for the SuperBowl--2009!

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Labels: ,


  posted at 1:47 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At February 1, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Congratulations to the proud parents! Katie is gorgeous, and I can tell she's going to lack for love and attention. ;o)

Myrna, you're an intelligent, capable woman! You can put that piece of furniture together. Anybody that can wrangle hundreds of kids every day, year after year, can assemble a small piece of (heavy!) furniture. You go, girl!

Have a blessed weekend, my friend.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At February 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Congratulations!!! She is simply beautiful. I have enjoyed my visit here tonight! I have visited and commented before, I wanted to thank you sooo very much for the wonderful encouraging comment you left on my blog. I hope you husband health will continue to improve, and I will add him and your family to my prayer list. I love your sweet family in McMinnville. Holly is a jewel, such a wonderful friend to me and my daughter loves loves loves babysitting her boys! You and I are blessed beyond measure. I hope you have a good weekend, enjoy the game. Much love

 
At February 2, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We had the same thing with a computer desk (a HUGE one) that we bought when we moved in this house. It took me 2 days to put it together. It was a amazing. B

But it is very sturdy and we like it a lot. It would be very big to move though.

And congrats on Kaitlyn! She truly is a beauty. What a pretty baby with such bright big eyes. And willowy. She will be a beautiful girl.

 
At February 2, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna,
A beautiful little girl....

I know you can do it girl! Just grit and fortitude....

Thanks for visiting with me...Betty

 
At February 2, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What an adorable baby! Congratulations to all concerned.

 
At February 4, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a cute baby! She looks adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Catching Up!
Lee
Dear Friends and Family
Who Am I?
Hello to the New Year!
I'm Baaaack!
God Is With Us!
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007
Tour of Homes--Postponed at the House of S
O, Holy NIght

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: