Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Dear Friends and Family
This is a sticky post.
I will leave up for several days.
Please scroll below other posts.
I will be trying to do some regular writing
as I have time and energy for it.

Dear Friends and Family,

You may have noticed that I am not posting as often as I normally do. We are going through some difficult times right now. I will be around a little and may take time to read and comment some, but right now I don't really have time or heart to do a lot of posting.

Most of you are aware that Lee has been seriously ill for quite some time.The last few days have brought some changes in his condition. Those of you who know his story are aware that the last two+ years have been a miracle. Lee has always been a man of great, purpose-driven dignity. Therefore, to respect his privacy, I do not normally go into great detail when discussing his condition. It is neuromuscular related with other system complications.

Lee has been through a lot, but feels very certain that the Lord has purpose during this "bonus time" of his life. We continue to trust that God's plan will be accomplished and that He will be glorified. Please pray for Lee and our family as we deal with this phase of Lee's illness.

I will give you updates as I can. Our journey has taught me to not second guess God--or Lee. (Well, I really already knew that--but the last two years have certainly confirmed it). They are an amazing team and we never know what to expect!

I will be popping in and out as I have time.

  posted at 9:29 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At January 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and Lee and your family.

 
At January 11, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Covering you with our prayers here, Myrna.

 
At January 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Blogger Linda said...

My heart is with you in this Myrna for so many reasons - not the least of which is the health issues in my own family. You will continually be in my prayers.

 
At January 11, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Will be here waiting for you when you do have time to pop in!

 
At January 11, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I would like to pray for you Myrna.
Dear Jesus,
Please continue to be with Myrna and her husband during this difficult time. May they feel Your presence in their midst as they never have before. May they feel the protection and warmth of Your huge loving hand as You hold them in the hollow of it. May Your will be done Father, and may You grant Your grace, peace, and love as only You can do. It is good to know that You are in complete and total charge of every situation we are in. Thank you Father! Amen.

 
At January 11, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praying, Myrna.

I've been the family "nurse" and have a lot of experience with home health care and hospital care. I know a little of what you're dealing with, but I also know the Great Physician is the one ultimately in control.

Love you, my friend.

Diane

 
At January 11, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

The greatest thing about this blogging community is how much we all care for each other, and how much we all understand!

 
At January 12, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Myrna, may the Lord Jesus grant you grace, peace and love as you go through this trial together. Lee's life has already been a testimony to the grace of God. May our loving heavenly Father wrap his arms around you during this time.

 
At January 12, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Myrna I will be praying for you and Lee at this time. May you have peace and know that our Father is in complete control of all things. I know you know that. Come by when you can but we know how busy you must be right now and we all certainly understand!! xoxo

 
At January 12, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Dear Myrna, you and Lee are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a dear friend.
Hugs,
Kelli

 
At January 12, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

God bless you all with His mercy, grace, love, and peace as you go through this together Myrna. Praying for you and yours...

 
At January 12, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Blogger Susie said...

My heart and prayers are with you Myrna. Take all the time you need. We certainly understand.
xo

 
At January 13, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I'd been missing you and came over to tell you so and found your note. Know that our heart and prayers go out to you both. I just read this post to Mickey.

HE is our source and we are never alone. HE will and does uphold you.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Who Am I?
Hello to the New Year!
I'm Baaaack!
God Is With Us!
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007
Tour of Homes--Postponed at the House of S
O, Holy NIght
Show and Tell--A Christmas Treasure
It's Time to Rock Around that Tree!
Christmas Tree Treasures--Our Nativity Tree

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: