Sunday, December 30, 2007
I'm Baaaack!
Well, Hello there!
I have been gone
from Blogland
for a few days

I'm glad to be back!

My husband had some medical problems for a few days. Quite frankly, I just didn't have time or energy to blog. I haven't been around to read and comment and haven't written a word of a post in almost two weeks. It is time to get up and started again!

Lee, as most of you know, has a chronic and critical condition that requires him to be on a ventilator. In recent weeks he has had several physical setbacks and difficulties. We ended up at the hospital this past week for a procedure in same day surgery. We have been there many times in the past couple of years. The problem this time was that it all happened at the height of the Christmas Holidays. Therefore, since it was not an emergency room situation, we had to wait a few days to get in for the help he needed. We have been through this before and knew what to expect. We just took care of things at home until Christmas was over and we could go for the relatively simple procedure. We spent most of the day Thursday at the hospital. Everything went well, as expected and we were home by late afternoon.

Lee's health is, as always, fragile; but, we are almost back to what passes for normal at our house. Lee is not full of energy, but he is feeling better. I have almost recovered from the stress (OK--exhaustion!) that I go through when we have one of these situations. Anyway--enough of the pity party! God is good! We are both on the road to feeling better.

We had an early Christmas with our children and had a great time! It turned out to be good that we had planned Christmas early because on Christmas Day we needed a somewhat quiet day around the House of S.

Can you take one more Christmas story? And, NO, I haven't taken Christmas down at my house yet--Read above for the reason! Picture this--

Yesterday I was talking to my sister on the phone. I happened to be sitting on the couch and started looking at the nativity which is still on the coffee table. It is one of the nativity sets that the grands know they can play with gently. I love to see what they do with it--Ella, age three, has been particularly interested in it this year. I kept admiring Ella's latest staging of the birth of Jesus and suddenly realized someone was missing.

Can you see which important person is not here?

Where is Mary?
I searched and searched for Mary,
but couldn't find her in the cast of characters.


I just figured Ella had taken Mary to some other spot in the house. I went on talking to my sister. Later, right after I hung up from our long conversation and was sitting there finishing my cup of coffee, I found Mary.

There she is!
Perched under the TV
in the entertainment center!


I'm not sure exactly what Ella's intent was. However, I do agree--sometimes a girl just has to have some time to herself! ! (Click to enlarge and see just how far Mary is away--by herself!)


Ya'll have a great day!
Try to get a few minutes just for yourself!


I'll be around soon reading, commenting, and catching up!

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:46 AM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At December 30, 2007 at 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Lee continues to do well.

Just wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful new year!

 
At December 30, 2007 at 9:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Praying for you all. I have been out blogsurfing tonight and happened upon your place. I LOVE the story of the "missing" Mary. One of my favorite verses in the Christmas story is that "Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." I am fairly certain she knew how to "get alone" with God.

Have a blessed New Year!!

:-) Susan

 
At December 30, 2007 at 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny. I just came by through Sheri's Purely His and wanted to leave a comment. Happy New Year!

 
At December 30, 2007 at 9:57 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Glad to hear that Lee is over his ordeal and recovering.Loved the Mary story and Ella...don't you wonder what goes on in their little heads?
Suzy

 
At December 31, 2007 at 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 10:38 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that Lee had such a setback but prayers that he now continues to get better. Loved the story of the missing Mary...as you say, a girl needs time alone! lol

New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear Myrna! xoxo

 
At December 31, 2007 at 5:56 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That has to be so tough for you and Lee. I'm glad he's improving!

The little girls had such fun with the sets they could play with. I loved the way Feisty could line everyone up looking at the manger. Wish I'd taken some pictures. But as you may have read, I've had a bit of trauma with cameras lately.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 6:49 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Myrna. Glad all is better now. :-)

Just dropping by to wish you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At December 31, 2007 at 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that. Just love it.

Glad to hear things are going better for you both.

Wishing you a Happy New Year full of God's grace and love.

 
At December 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM, Blogger Myra said...

Ruth suggested that I stop by your blog. My husband is an associate pastor of music at our church. I'm new to blogging. I have another photo devotional page at

http://myra.lifewithChrist.org

Please stop by either page any time! I need some blogging buddies!

 
At December 31, 2007 at 10:32 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I love your Mary story and conclusion about her whereabouts. LOL! I need some get away time, too!

I pray Lee's health will strengthen and you both get the rest you need!

Happy New Year!

 
At January 1, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we need that alone time and when spent with the Lord we find ourselves refreshed and ready to meet what comes our way.

Blessings to you dear lady and words whispered to the ears of our Lord for health and rest for you and Lee.

 
At January 1, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Blogger someone else said...

It's good to know that Lee is recovering and you're getting a little more relaxation.

Don't you just wish you could read the minds of little children to figure out what they're imagining?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
God Is With Us!
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007
Tour of Homes--Postponed at the House of S
O, Holy NIght
Show and Tell--A Christmas Treasure
It's Time to Rock Around that Tree!
Christmas Tree Treasures--Our Nativity Tree
Josh Groban Montage - What Child Is This
Boomama's Soup-Tacular
Somebody Is Having a Birthday!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: