Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Christmas Tour of Homes 2007

Boomama is hosting the Christmas Tour of Homes.
I'm a little late! Real life took precedent yesterday.

I hope you haven't toured so much
that you can't make it through one more Christmas laden home! :-)

Merry Christmas!
I'm so glad you came today!
Come right in!


The first stop on my Christmas tour is my living room and dining room.

Here is the Nativity Tree that I shared with you in this post.


Near the tree is this curio cabinet that usually houses my husband's lighthouse collection. During this season it is home to most of our nativity collection.
(Someday I'm going to take a class to learn how to keep the glare/reflection
out of pictures when there are mirrors/glass in the shot)! :-)
You can click on the picture to get a better view)



The latest addition to the nativity collection is on the dining room table.
It was a gift from a son and dil last year.



Santa and friends hang out in the kitchen and family room.

The family tree is full of the ornament we have collected
Do you see that lovely little table runner on the table
with family pictures and mementos?
Remember when I won that
here! Yay!
Thank you, Becky!
The manger scene under the table is the one I shared here.


The grands have stockings hung by the chimney.


Another nativity set--Ella has been at work on it.
Don''t you love how young children like
to gather all the figures around the Baby Jesus?
It's like they want to protect Him--the one who came to protect us!


The New England village is above the windows.
I showed you the latest addition to here.

This part of the village has the doctor and lawyer offices,
the printing office, church, post office, and the school.
Here are the lighthouse, the glass works, general store, and a flag shop.


The last part of the village--the farm with the deer moving in the woods nearby. One more Santa greets us at the kitchen table.

One last stop today.
This cute little tree was a recent gift to Lee from a new friend.
The little snow family came to live with us today--
a gift from friends we have known for several years.
Both gifts are cheerful additions to our Christmas decorations this year.
They are displayed in our bedroom.

Thank you so much for coming to visit me today.
I enjoy having visitors and I LOVE Christmas!
You can find more homes to tour at Boomama's.

I hope you are having a joyous time preparing for Christmas!


  posted at 9:00 PM  
  21 comments



21 Comments:
At December 18, 2007 at 10:12 PM, Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

It makes me smile just to see exactly where your focus is at. Now that is a whole lot of nativity!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 12:24 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

You have a nice blog design. Your home is lovely and so beautifully decorated. Have a Merry Christmas.

 
At December 19, 2007 at 2:32 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I loved seeing your collections, Myrna...they are simply beautiful!

How clever to put the village on top of your window sills...it looks just wonderful!

What you said about children and baby Jesus...so very sweet.

Loved seeing everything, Myrna... beautiful!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 2:42 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I collect villages and Santa figurines as well so it's always nice to check out others' collections! :-)

Very pretty house! Thank you for sharing!

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wow, your home is very Elegant and lovely!! I enjoyed your home decor and colors for your home. Love the Curio and Nativity set above your window treatment. Very lovely!!

Merry Christmas to your family,
Jeannene at Love Conquers All

 
At December 19, 2007 at 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful tour! Your home is lovely and welcoming and warm and cozy. And I LOVE that table runner where you put it. Perfect!

Merry Christmas Myrna!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I'm so glad you made the tour! Your home is just lovely. I especially love the village above the windows - that is a great idea!
And Becky's table runner is so pretty!
I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from this tour - I'm trying to tuck them away for next year!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 11:19 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful decorations and collections. Don't you love unpacking them and remembering the story that is behind each and every one?
Hope everything is better today?
xo

 
At December 19, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Love the idea of collecting Nativity sets!...and I really like how you display your houses above the windows!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 2:12 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Everything is beautiful, Myrna. Sorry you had a bad day on Monday.

I've had that tummy bug so I've been out of the blogging loop since Sunday. Now I'm trying to catch up as I can. ;o)

Have a joyous and blessed Christmas season, dear Myrna.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At December 19, 2007 at 2:58 PM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Hi Myrna!
I really enjoyed your tour. I think your village is amazing and what a great place to display it! May all God's richest blessings bring you joy today and everyday!

 
At December 19, 2007 at 3:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Beautiful and stunning, Myrna. I love the nativity tree. I don't believe I have ever seen one before:o)

Thanks for your comment. We certainly need strength and God's wisdom, not man's wisdom!!! I treasure your prayers.
Susan

 
At December 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM, Blogger nancy said...

Myrna, What a lovely home. Your decorations and collections are so beautiful. thank you for having us in. Like most everyone, I was very taken by your over-the-window village.
Nancy

 
At December 19, 2007 at 8:26 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Thank you for having us over, Myrna! I so love your village above the windows....what a wonderful spot for them! I also love the wreaths on your front door. Everything is beautiful!
Kelli

 
At December 20, 2007 at 6:08 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

I love those little camels inside the curio. How small and delicate they look! I also admire the village on top of the huge windows. You are very creative in positioning your decorations. Good Job, Myrna! Also, love the nativity tree with the huge Mary and Joseph. I love it all! No one would have to guess what Christmas is about after visiting your house! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

 
At December 21, 2007 at 12:02 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm glad you joined in, even if a bit late. I recycled mine from last year, because we got home on Sunday and I didn't have time or energy!

It has been a difficult week - seems as though coming down from a mountain is traumatic.

Love all the nativities - I am acquiring quite a collection, too. Three of them are grandchild-designed! I loved listening to Feisty play with Jesus today.

 
At December 22, 2007 at 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your village above the windows. What a great idea.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

 
At December 22, 2007 at 8:59 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Just stopping by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
Love and hugs,
Kelli

 
At December 23, 2007 at 10:13 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I LOVE your decorations. My favorites are the ones on the shelves above the curtains. It is so neat to see everybody's houses and their individual ways of decorating. Merry Chrismtas to you and yours!

 
At December 24, 2007 at 1:14 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

May the joy that comes with Christmas Day remain with you throughout the year!! Merry Christmas dear friend. xoxo

 
At December 24, 2007 at 3:08 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Lovely tour, Myrna. I wish the very merriest Christmas to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
O, Holy NIght
Show and Tell--A Christmas Treasure
It's Time to Rock Around that Tree!
Christmas Tree Treasures--Our Nativity Tree
Josh Groban Montage - What Child Is This
Boomama's Soup-Tacular
Somebody Is Having a Birthday!
Trying to Be Safe in a World Full of Craziness
Boomama's Soup-tacular!
Alphabet Soup--Letter O--Christmas Version

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: