Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Father and Son
I love watching children learn. I like it even more when the children I'm watching are my grandchildren. AND--I especially like it when they are learning from their parents. Nothing more special! This is one of those times, caught on camera. It is even sweeter because they were doing something for me!

On Sunday afternoons my older son, Greg, normally comes over to visit with his dad so that I can run to the grocery store and have a little time to do some of the things that need to be done. Often, Luke comes with him. The three men have an afternoon together.

This week when I got ready to go, guess what? My car didn't want to go! So--This little scenario took place in our driveway!


"OK. This is how it works."

Luke gets a basic electric current lesson and instructions in how to hold the jumper cable clamps.


"Be careful! Don't let these things touch!"

Greg gave Luke VERY clear instructions about how to hold those cable ends. He was rather vivid about what could happen if they touched. No way was Luke going to let those things get close to each other!




"Stand back while I attach them over here!"


"Oh, I get it, Dad! You're putting power from your truck into Grandmama's car."


Don't you just love it when a kid GETS it!



"TA-DAH! We did it!"



"We've got to let it run for awhile.
Let's go back inside and talk to Poppy."

WELL--They just left me standing here
with the vehicles and the camera!

Just a few minutes later I was on my way. They were ready for an afternoon of ice cream, football, and Chinese Checkers (Luke's new favorite game). What great guys!

Labels:


  posted at 12:50 AM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At November 14, 2007 at 11:35 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, this was so sweet to read! And how great that you captured it all in pictures, too!
I can just imagine how great a feeling it is to watch your grandchildren learn from your children!
Blessings!

 
At November 14, 2007 at 12:25 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Family......so precious.
Susan

 
At November 14, 2007 at 12:27 PM, Blogger Robin said...

What sweet men you have to assist you! I'll bet it makes you feel like a queen!

 
At November 14, 2007 at 12:56 PM, Blogger Midlife Cycler said...

That is a great moment to share...a generation moment!
Jody

 
At November 14, 2007 at 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah. My boys too, have learned all about cars from their father. Among other things.

Fun memories.

 
At November 15, 2007 at 10:44 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

So great that he is teaching him life lessons at such a young age...I love hearing about things like this!

 
At November 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

What a wonderful post Myrna! That is so great that you got it all on camera!!

How do you get your photos so that you can write 'beside' them? I have the same designer that you do so we must have the same kind of template. I love how it looks, your site is just soooooooo pretty!

 
At November 15, 2007 at 9:19 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I agree...it is great to watch family being family...helping, learning, and teaching. You did a great job telling the story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Housecleaning Tutorial
And Now My Lifesong Sings--Casting Crowns
Christmas Book Challenge
A Blessing Named Ella
Confessions of An Avid Reader/Book Lover
In Christ Alone--Travis Cottrell
Show and Tell--A New Treasure
Halloween 2007
Alphabet Soup--Brought to You By the Letter K
Have You Been to a Pumpkin Patch?

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: