Monday, December 3, 2007
Do You Wear Holiday Fashions? Yes, No, or Occasionally?
What is in your closet?
Do you wear Christmas clothes?
You know--sweaters, sweatshirts, even a little jewelry!


My answer is--Not so much anymore. But you know, I am a retired educator. Teachers, especially elementary teachers, are probably the major supporters of the holiday clothing industry. We have ABC-123, Christmas, Valentine, Thanksgiving, St Patrick's Day... You name it, we have "cute" finery for it.

To tell the truth, I got a little tired of all the holiday wear and slowed down on it the last few years I worked--except for Christmas. Children love to see their teacher, or principal, in a silly Santa shirt. I could not deny them that amazing sight! :-)

So--when I did a major closet cleaning recently I found leftovers hiding in the back. Yes, I really wore these things! Sorry, but you will miss seeing the snowman sweater with the strategically placed tassel on his hat! What was I thinking! Anyway--he went to used clothing heaven (Good*will) several years ago!

Drum Roll, Please! Here's the "fashion" show!


The picture is a little dark.
but those are cute little
snowmen frolicking right
around the hip line.
So slimming!


Here's a fetching little number.
Looks a little more matronly
than I like. I know! I know!
I am a grandmother!


Green, for a change of pace!
This one can actually go into January
for Let It Snow! fun. Again--Strategically
placed snowmen!

When you are not really in the mood for a sweater, try a denim shirt.
Of course if I were working now in my
city's schools I would not be wearing denim.
So this little number would be kicked
to the curb, I guess. Hmmm


Now, I have a question for you!
Who needs TWO.BLACK.CHRISTMAS.TREE.VESTS?








The Fashion Show Grand Finale!
Our good friend from the World of Mouse!
I have had him for YEARS!
I have to admit, I think he's kinda cute1


So here's my challenge to anyone who would like to take it.
Share with us your holiday sweaters. Maybe your collection is holiday jewelry. You know, a few ear ornaments!
Show us what you've got!
If you dare!

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:20 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At December 3, 2007 at 9:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, yes, that all looks familiar. I can see you walking the halls of academia in that holiday garb.

Oh, that is a fun challenge. As you know, I too am a retired teacher. Third graders are full of festive fun!

I have already done some cleaning out, and sadly I have given away the jingle bell socks. But I have about a dozen vests (reversible) that are holiday fare, and jewlery ... oh, yes ... earbobs and necklaces.

I might just have to play along with this one. I'll see what I can do.

 
At December 4, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Even though I taught school for many years, I can't say that I ever wore holiday fashions to school. I wasn't against it, I just couldn't afford it. You can't get rich on Christian school salaries.

You might find this a bit interesting. My husband and I went to Hawaii with his company a few years ago. I bought white slacks for the trip because I thought that women there wore white clothing. Believe it or not, I never saw one other person wearing white slacks. All the Japanese tourist had black slacks and blue shirts. That was the year of the blue blouses. I have pitched out my white slacks now. Ha! Ha!

 
At December 4, 2007 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love Christmas clothes and jewelry! I don't have much in the way of sweaters though. Too many hot flashes, LOL! ;o) I do have a few sweatshirts that are decorated, though.

I have a small Christmas jewelery collection. All costume cheapies, of course, but beloved just the same.

 
At December 4, 2007 at 9:06 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love all your Christmas sweaters and finery! :)
I have two sisters in law who are elem. teachers and I've heard them joke about the same thing...that they always wear holiday clothes at every holiday!
I don't have many, but I do always love to have at least 2 or 3 Christmas sweaters or shirts to pick from! :)

 
At December 5, 2007 at 8:36 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love wearing Christmas broaches. I have two "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" ones - and a beautiful tiny nativity which I ordered from Wireless catalog. I looked at it for years before deciding to spring for it (it was NOT cheap), then promptly lost it the first time I wore it - it seems that the clasp was cheap, even though it should have been better quality for the price. I loved it so much that I got another one, and have been wearing it frequently and feeling it often to be sure it hasn't opened. I will have to post a picture of it, though am not sure when, since we're leaving in two days for 10 days.

I have several sweaters, vest, and sweatshirts. IT must be the latent elementary teacher in me!

Loved your story about the piano lessons. I started in 2nd grade, in order to play for our tiny church (which I have posted about before), and was able to keep taking lessons until age 12, when we moved to a city where my parents couldn't afford it any more. I was sad, because I was just on the cusp of greatness. And I never made it there. Far from it. But at least I have been able to use my rudimentary skills all these years in church, especially on the organ. We have a pretty small church - I can assure you I wouldn't be on the instruments at a megachurch.

 
At December 5, 2007 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I have 2 sweat shirts and 2 Christmas sweater and several pair of Christmas socks. All these are very old but I drag them out each year and wear them at least once. In recent years I've bought 2 long sleeve shirts that I wear a sweater under and wear as a jacket. I've never been the fashion plate type :o)
Susan

 
At December 5, 2007 at 11:41 AM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Ha! I sure wish I had some fashions to share. Usually I just stick to deep reds or greens at Christmas! You have a great collection :) blessings...

 
At December 7, 2007 at 6:02 PM, Blogger Dianna said...

I'm glad you wore these as a teacher. I don't really go for that sort of thing, but when I was a kid I thought it was so neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Friday Show and Tell--Christmas Village Delight
A;phabet Soup--Brought To You By the Letter N
It's That Time of Year!
Lifting Up Sweet Carolyn
Thanksgiving Wrap-Up
HappyThanksgiving!!!"How 'bout a nice juicy steak?...
Alphabet Soup
Thanksgiving Praise
Autumn Glory

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: