Sunday, November 25, 2007
Lifting Up Sweet Carolyn
This is a sticky post that I will leave up for the next several days.
You can scroll below it to read other posts.

Praying for Carolyn
*Up-date November 22
Carolyn tolerated her surgery well and is recovering from the procedure. However, the surgery was not as successful at eliminating the cancer as we had hoped. Please continue to pray that her doctors will be led to the treatment that can provide a cure. We still pray for miracles.

I'm asking all of my blogging friends to pray for this precious little, twelve-year-old girl. Her name is Carolyn--Her mother Adrianne is in this picture with her. Her dad, Jeff is my nephew. Carolyn has a younger brother, Jacob. They live in the Houston, Texas area.


Carolyn has a very rare form of cancer that she has been battling for over two years. For several months she was "cancer-free." However, it returned with aggression about the time school started this year. She will have surgery tomorrow, November 21. This is not the first surgery she has had since the beginning of this journey. This surgery is, of course, a very serious point in her treatment.

Carolyn has fought this battle with great courage and faith. Her family has fought valiantly along with her. However, it has been a long and hard journey. She, her parents, and her younger brother would appreciate your prayers. I am praying for miracles. peace, and strength. Please join me in lifting Carolyn and her family up.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray continually.

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:01 PM  
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At November 20, 2007 at 7:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Lifting up Carolyn with you.
Susan

 
At November 20, 2007 at 7:43 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Praying with you.

 
At November 20, 2007 at 8:34 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praying for this dear one, Myrna.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, dear heart. :-)

Love,

Diane

 
At November 21, 2007 at 10:20 AM, Blogger Holly said...

How impressed I am with Carolyn. Wow--I could learn a lot from her and her family. It's amazing how happy she looks in the picture and how much strength is apparent in her eyes and that of Adrians'. We will keep praying because I know God has the best plan for her. Thanks for reminding me of things that are really important. I love you! Holly

 
At November 21, 2007 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Praying for Carolyn. And her family.

 
At November 21, 2007 at 7:42 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a sad story! We have seen so many miracles. We'll join in praying for one more!

 
At November 21, 2007 at 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts going out for Carolyn and her family.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 
At November 21, 2007 at 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying!
God bless :)

 
At November 22, 2007 at 1:45 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

I would be glad to remember Carolyn in prayer.God is good and He still answers prayer!

 
At November 22, 2007 at 4:25 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

I will add this lovely young lady and her family to my prayer list!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving today!! xoxo

 
At November 23, 2007 at 6:41 AM, Blogger Midlife Cycler said...

Powerful verse, will be praying.
Jody

 
At November 23, 2007 at 6:08 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

I am so sorry to hear about this little girl. We will certainly be praying with you for her.

 
At November 24, 2007 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Praying for Carolyn and her family!

 
At November 24, 2007 at 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This family has been part of our family for many years....Carolyn, her mom, dad and little brother are always in our prayers and thoughts..I love all of them very much and I do believe that God answers prayers...Paula Garcia, Coldspring Texas

 
At November 25, 2007 at 1:03 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, I'll be praying for this sweet little girl!

 
At November 26, 2007 at 8:45 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna, you tiptoed across my mind a couple of days ago....I'm so glad to hear from you .......

I will add Carolyn and her family to my prayer list.....God bless you all...Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Thanksgiving Wrap-Up
HappyThanksgiving!!!"How 'bout a nice juicy steak?...
Alphabet Soup
Thanksgiving Praise
Autumn Glory
Father and Son
Housecleaning Tutorial
And Now My Lifesong Sings--Casting Crowns
Christmas Book Challenge
A Blessing Named Ella

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: