Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Alphabet Soup
Alphabet Soup is brought to you this week by the letter M. If you would like to join in with a list of your own, please go to Seeds From My Garden and let Morning Glory know you are participating.

Hm-m-m-m- Let's see, I'm sure there are some things in my life that I enjoy or treasure that start with the letter M. Oh yes, here we go!

1. Memories--I enjoy looking at photos from years gone by. What a flood of memories those pictures can bring. Of course, we can't stay in the world of memories. There are too many things that need to be done, and enjoyed in the present. But it is certainly nice to take an occasional side trip to the past and think fondly of those people, places, events, and things.

2. M and M Candy--Well, almost anything chocolate is totally terrific. This is just one example of chocolate goodness. AND--You know, it "melts in your mouth, not in your hand!"

3. Memes--Blogging is a wonderful hobby, pastime, diversion, etc. I'm glad I stumbled into this wonderful, friendly, sometimes wacky world. Memes help me get to know my blogging friends better.

4. Marriage--I have had an exciting journey for over 38 years with a wonderful man. I never could have expected or imagined the adventures, challenges, and blessings that we have experienced together.

5. Mexican Food--Good eating!

6. Marbles--You play Chinese checkers with marbles. Both of my six-year-old grandsons have recently discovered the game of Chinese checkers. Luke and Spoony are delightful and I love playing this and other games with them. Spoony and I are planning to challenge his brother, Joshua, and Luke to a game when we are together at Christmas.

7. Mail--Snail mail, email, and packages--I love all kinds! Actually, I can do without the Spam and junk kind! :-)

8. Mocha--As in White Chocolate from Starbucks. 'Nuff said!

9. Mattress--A good, comfortably firm one is my preference. Think I'll go find mine and go to sleep soon!

Labels:


  posted at 12:26 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At November 20, 2007 at 10:01 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh, I love your list. And I agree about the M&Ms. They're the best!

 
At November 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I loved reading your list! Chinese checkers...brought back memories for me...haven't played in years!

 
At November 20, 2007 at 12:31 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

I enjoyed reading your list of "m's" today. I like m & m's also!

 
At November 20, 2007 at 5:01 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Great list! :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Myrna!

 
At November 21, 2007 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Great list, but I think you forgot one-Men! Maybe you still think of them as your boys, but the men in your world (husband, sons, and grandsons)are bigger than life! Just thought I could add that one to your list. Love ya!

 
At November 22, 2007 at 11:33 AM, Blogger Myrna said...

Holly is correct--The six men in my life are awesome! Thanks for the reminder, Holly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Thanksgiving Praise
Autumn Glory
Father and Son
Housecleaning Tutorial
And Now My Lifesong Sings--Casting Crowns
Christmas Book Challenge
A Blessing Named Ella
Confessions of An Avid Reader/Book Lover
In Christ Alone--Travis Cottrell
Show and Tell--A New Treasure

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: