Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Halloween Swap
A LITTLE HALLOWEEN SWAP FUN!

Don't you just love to get packages in the mail?
I do!
I think that's the main reason
I signed up over at PEA'S for the Halloween Swap.:-)

I don't normally make a big deal of Halloween. Except, of course, for the handing out of the candy at the door. We live in a neighborhood that does not have busy, through streets. Therefore, LOTS of people come to Trick or Treat down our street. It is not unusual for us to have 100+ little revelers. We have a friendly, neighborhood carnival atmosphere for about three hours on Halloween evening. I enjoy passing out the candy and telling the little ones how precious they look.

I'm not into the scary movies and chainsaws, etc. of Halloween. That is just not my cup of brew. However, I do like the childlike fun of dressing up and GETTING CANDY. (I'm sure you are aware that there are no calories in the candy eaten while giving cute little princesses and pirates their share at the door!)

ANYWAY--When I saw PEA's Swap I thought it sounded like fun. I have not done a blogging swap, so I thought it would be give it a try. I have enjoyed putting together some little treats for my "swap friend." She has not received the package yet, but should in just a day or two or three--It's on its way, Michelle!

Today I received this sweet package in the mail!
My "Swap Friend", Julie Marie, even decorated the box.


Inside, the first thing I found was this cute little cat!
I will have a hard time convincing granddaughter,
Ella, to leave him at my house.

There was More!
The treats just kept coming!
This cute little Jack-o-Lantern fellow was next out of the box.
He had a mischievous grin on his funny little bobble head!

And More!
On the bottom of the box
I found this nice Halloween tray.
I will be filling it with brownies later today.

And More!
Topping off the swap gift
was a card with another sweet kitty
wishing me a Happy Halloween!
The little packages in this picture are
"sniff, sniff" tissues for the sniffles!
Too Cute!
Thank you Julie Marie for brightening my day!
I was right!
HALLOWEEN SWAP IS FUN!
It is fun, and now I have two new blogging friends!
One new friend lives in north central USA;
the other lives in the southwest.
Isn't the blogging world great?!



  posted at 2:27 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At October 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I'm with you in enjoying handing out candy on Halloween. It's a great time of seeing most of my neighbors!

 
At October 9, 2007 at 5:24 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm so happy that you received such a wonderful box full of Halloween goodies from your swap partner:-) I'm holding my breath until all of the participants have received their parcel and then I can call it a success! lol So glad you had fun with it:-) xox

 
At October 9, 2007 at 7:51 PM, Blogger Susan said...

How neat!!! I saw this on Pea's page but not being very much into Halloween I passed on it. I'll have to jump into one of these in the future.
Susan

 
At October 9, 2007 at 8:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I am so glad you liked your Halloween gifts!

I am like you - I do not like the ugly part of Halloween at all - chainsaws, Frankenstein, Dracula, skeletons, yuck! I am totally into vintage Halloween and I will be doing more posts about that.

I was so disappointed when we moved into our house because I thought we'd get lots of Trick or Treaters. But they never come down our street. :{

Julie

 
At October 9, 2007 at 8:29 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

What fun and what cute things!

 
At October 9, 2007 at 10:14 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Boy, you racked up, didn't you? You got some cute things, Myrna. ;-)

Have a great week!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At October 10, 2007 at 10:33 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

How fun! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Jesus Loves Me
Show and Tell--Muffin's Babies--A Picture
A Meme "Four" You
Week Two--New Starts and Barren Hearts
Open the Eyes of My Heart--Michael W. Smith
A New Ride!
Show and Tell--Basketball Player
Thursday Doin's
Week One--Broken Hearts, Broken Ties
Fall Into Reading

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: