Friday, August 10, 2007
Show and Tell--A Treasure From My Family
Kelli at There is No Place Like Home, is the host of Friday Show and Tell.
You can go over to her place to get all the up-dated guidelines and get in on the fun!


This week I am sharing one of my most treasured possessions.
It was a gift from my family.


Last year I retired from a career of thirty plus years as an educator. I declined having a reception in my honor at school because my husband's illness would not allow him to attend. My family wanted to have a celebration, so they planned a party at our house. It was a wonderful afternoon and the perfect blend of people from several different schools where I had worked over the past thirty years.


At the party, my family presented these these framed messages to me. Every one in the family had a part in putting this treasure together. It currently hangs in our bedroom. Every time I look at it I am reminded of the love we share.

Not being a tech expert :-) I have not been able to figure out how to enable you to see the details clearly. So I'm going to show you the way it is displayed in our home and the people who gave it to me.


Each grandchild had a part in making this wonderful gift.
On the left side you see contributions from brothers Spoony and Joshua.
On the right you find the work of the brother-sister team, Luke and Ella.


Spoony, five and beginning kindergarten at the time, drew a picture of me and wrote, "I love Grandmama."

Joshua, nine and in fourth grade, composed a poem for his contribution:
Grandmama was a principal
And this was her principle
To help kids learn and grow
So they won't be down low.

Grandmama is great.

There is no debate!




Luke, who was five and had just started kindergarten, did a picture of me and wrote, "I love Grandmama." (I have to mention that Spoony and Luke were not even in the same town when they did their pictures and sentences. I guess great five-year-old minds think alike!)

Ella, gave me a beautiful two-year-old hand print and decorated it with vibrant stickers. A princess has to have some pink hearts, you know!



My husband wrote a prayer that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Lee has mentioned several times that I should "Show and Tell" this treasure. I was a little reluctant to, because this prayer is so full of emotion. There is no way that I live up to his remarks--I'm actually somewhat embarrassed to share it. It came from his heart and he specifically requested that I share it this week. Since I always do what my husband asks--ahem--I have shared this treasure.

This is the last part of the prayer--

"Thank you again, Father, for gracing our family with such a wonderful wife, mother, and grandmother. She has been a model of Your grace in all areas of our lives. We love her more than our words can express. Please reward her with a crown of righteousness for being the fruit of the Spirit before us.
In the mighty name of Jesus, amen."

Labels: , ,


  posted at 1:35 PM  
  23 comments



23 Comments:
At August 10, 2007 at 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet treasure! I especially like the little poem and the principal with principle. :-)

 
At August 10, 2007 at 2:08 PM, Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

That is absolutely beautiful. what a wonderful gift - amazing!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 2:19 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

That is such a spectacular treasure! I'm glad you shared it this week!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

What a lovely treasure, Myrna. And I 'm sure that you do live up to every word that your husband wrote about you. Instead of feeling embarrased, you should try to feel pride that he feels this way about you. I know that you are a blessing to him, and that he must be so proud of you!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna that was so beautiful. What an absolute priceless treasure. How special you are to all of those who know you and love you.

I am proud to know a dedicated educator who always put her family first. Well done my friend!

And ... great show and tell, Lee was absolutely right.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myrna,
that is so lovely and your husband's prayer is beautiful. Blessings on you and don't we all hope we'll get a crown that we can put at Jesus' feet?

 
At August 10, 2007 at 3:44 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

That is indeed a treasure, Myrna. :-)

Y'all stay cool if you can, and have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At August 10, 2007 at 4:07 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a treasure. I love the way you have it displayed with the swag above it.
Susan

 
At August 10, 2007 at 4:21 PM, Blogger Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thank you for sharing your special treasure and also part of the prayer. You are blessed!

 
At August 10, 2007 at 4:33 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's such a wonderful gift and treasure! I can see why you cherish it so much.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 4:34 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That was so sweet of your family to put together for you! It's just beautiful and a wonderful treasure!
Kelli

 
At August 10, 2007 at 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift - one to cherish for a lifetime!

Blessings on you.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 6:47 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

What a precious, heart-felt keepsake gift! I bet it is your most prized possession! It is beautiful.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great gift! And what a sweet hubby!
God bless :)

 
At August 10, 2007 at 7:52 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

That is a wonderful gift and the poems are so precious. Thanks for sharing with us.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 8:22 PM, Blogger Linda said...

It is those gifts from the heart we cherish the most. Just beautiful.

 
At August 10, 2007 at 10:46 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Myrna, such a heartwarming gift they gave you!! I can see why you love it so much and the prayer is so beautiful also!! I'm glad you did listen to your hubby...this time! hehe xox

 
At August 10, 2007 at 11:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What a gift to treasure :)
I could just feel the love that you two share shining through this post, from the fact you wouldn't have a party that he couldn't attend, to his beautiful prayer for you.
Very touching..
hugs!

 
At August 11, 2007 at 12:54 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, if this isn't truly a priceless treasure, I don't know what is! It is obvious that your family loves you dearly...and that you are a treasure to them! :)
Thank you for sharing this very special show and tell, Myrna!
(((HUGS)))

 
At August 11, 2007 at 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift to receive! Thanks for sharing with us!

 
At August 12, 2007 at 4:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie D said...

How sweet! And how thoughtful!

What a nice family you have!

 
At August 12, 2007 at 8:24 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna,
What a marvelous gift and so personal...those are the best kind....

Thanks for reading about and commenting on my 'egg' plant...

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:29 PM, Blogger Lady of the house said...

That is really nice and very thoughtful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Battle at Kruger
Ups and Downs in Real LIfe
Who Am I--Casting Crowns
Show and Tell--A Reading Collection
Life and Lunch With Friends
Ready for A Bible Study Blessing?!
Michael W. Smith - You Are Holy (Prince of Peace)
Giveaway Winners Named!
Thanks for Coming By!
Whew!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: