Thursday, September 6, 2007
Are You Ready for Some Football?!!
Are you ready? Here it comes!
You do know that today is the day, right?
ProFootball starts tonight!
Well, actually it started several weeks ago,
but those games were just preseason.
It gets SERIOUS tonight!


I just thought I would share a little game our extended family plays during football season--and again during the NCAA Basketball Tournament, and some of them even play during the NASCAR season. I tried that, but February to November was just too long for me, especially since know NOTHING about NASCAR. Well, I do know cars are involved and they go fast, but somehow that just wasn't enough! I sort of dropped out.

My niece got the family started on this a couple of years ago. (Thanks, K)! We have a lot of fun with it. You don't really have to know anything about football and anyone can play. I guess it's OK if you do know something about football. Some of our players seem to think they know a lot! We let 'em play anyway! I think last year we had almost twenty people signed up in at least three states. We also had three generations playing.

The "game" is "Upickem football" It is simply a football pool--no money is involved in our version. It is not complicated like Fantasy Football, which several family members also play. Just pick your teams and wait for them to win! We really enjoy the Trash Talk section where we talk back and forth, share news, and--of course--"trash' the picks others have made. The version we play is online at the Chicago Tribune at
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.profootball.upickem.net,

Anyway--Just thought I would share a way to keep connected, have some family fun, and survive football season!

Now, excuse me, but my little "Granny SizeMom" needs to go make her picks for the week! She will be representing me in the C Family Football Pool this year. Really, I figure I might as well join "em--Cause the football will be punted, passed, and kicked tonight!

Labels: ,


  posted at 12:06 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At September 6, 2007 at 6:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes. Having my very own Football Butler and having raised 3 of the same, you can imagine that we have football on all season long. We watched all the preseason stuff.

I have to tell you, my 16 yr old bought a tshirt that says, "Girls come and go ... but Fantasy Football is forever."

I laughed so hard. Keep thinking that, E. It's cheaper!!!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Myrna, You are cracking me up. I'll have to see if my family is interested in this kind of fun.
GO SEAHAWKS!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 9:26 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

My hubby is a diehard Cowboys fan. I've seen him actually cry real tears over a win or a loss!

I actually know what's going on in a football game and watch with him occasionally.

 
At September 6, 2007 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Short Stop said...

WOW, Myrna. I came over from Leigh Ann's to check out your Beth Moore Study, and found THIS!!

My husband and I are ALL about NFL football. He plays fantasy (I even joined a league one year!), and we splurged and even got the NFL season pass this year from DirecTV! HAHA! And, we're huge NCAA basketball fans, too. SO ready for these seasons to begin!

Anyway, sorry that was so long. It's just great to find another blogger who's even mentioned football, let alone joining in on the trash talk!!

GO RAVENS!!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 11:57 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like some good ol family fun!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 6:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Go BRONCOS! We have a great variety of fans here today. We're hoping for a better season - nothing great since John Elway retired. Always hope, though!

 
At September 6, 2007 at 8:46 PM, Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Hmmmm...we're not much of a sporty type family. The only team we follow (hubby does) is Ohio State Buckeyes!! (Especially the VS. Michigan game) Old habits die hard, ha! Glad you're having fun with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Fall Bible Study--Preview
Have a Good Labor Day!
I Need Thee Every Hour
Bible Study Giveaway
Show and Tell--BIC1/2
Down Memory Lane
Back From My Native Land
Returned to original post site/date on August 31, ...
Fall Bible Study at Cherish...the Word!
Alphabet Soup--Brought to You by the Letter F

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: