Saturday, August 18, 2007
A Little Saturday Randomness
What a week! I haven't been around much lately. We have family concerns going on again. Lee is OK--it's not him this time. However, some other people we love facing health challenges. I'll share their stories if/when they give me permission. 'Cause, you know, when you put it on the Internet, you've shared it with everyone!

Anyway, I just haven't had time or emotional energy for much blogging. Now, I'm ready for a little diversion from real life, so I'm ba-a-a-a-ck! Just in time for some quick Saturday updates.

First--Thank you for the comments and emails in response to my call for help. Several people responded. Bloggers are great! Leigh Ann, aka Momma Roar, has made me a great button using a picture I already had ready. I was surprised and delighted that she was able to complete it so quickly. Talented girl, that one! Thanks, friend!

Now--On to some family fare!

Son Kevin and his family have been here for awhile this weekend. Joshua plays on a "traveling" soccer team. They were playing a tournament nearby, so we enjoyed their company last night and today. Holly, Joshua, and I went shopping this morning and had lunch out. Joshua is such a good shopper--His mother and Nanny (other grandmother) have trained him well! :-)

Our shopping trip included stops at Books-*-Mi**ion and Di*k's Sports. There is a new shopping area near my home. It has some great stores and restaurants--several I'm not familiar with. The sports store was new to me. They have everything--even pink/purple Princess soccer balls, footballs, and basketballs--small ones. I may have found Christmas presents for Miss Ella! lol

Holly found a canopy for their family for soccer games. It will get them out of the sun and keep them a few degrees cooler. They were planning to use it for the first time this afternoon. Of course they got it just in time for the "cool" weather we are having--It's all the way down to 99 and 98 from three digits. Sheesh! Will we ever get back to normal?!!

that she can also use in her classroom. I found a new Karen Kin*Joshua and I share the love of reading , so the visit to the book store was great! We explored all the new series books. He showed me the ones he is interested in and we got the last one for a series I had given him for his birthday. Holly found some good books for Joshua and Spoonythat she can also use in her classroom. I discovered a new Karen K*ngsb*ry book. I could have spent the rest of the day in the bookstore!

We finished our excursion with lunch at NYPD Deli--Wonderful pizza and Calzones. After we ate ours, we brought more home for Kevin, Poppy, and Spoony! Poppy/Lee loves Greek salad and they had the real thing. He enjoyed it very much! I'd say we had a successful shopping trip.

Oh--except for one thing! I forgot to take the camera. That is one blogging habit I have not perfected. I have to work on that!

I did take pictures of one thing this week. Well, actually dil, Audre', took the pics at our house. Luke came over after school on Wednesday. I think that is going to be a regular, but not every day, thing since Mom is teaching. He is going to spend about an hour with us on occasional afternoons. His carpool will bring him here to stay until Mom gets here from her school. Both schools are near us and have the same hours, so he won't be here long--Just long enough to eat some ice cream. That is his favorite treat at Grandmama and Poppy's!

Audre' took pictures of Luke in his school "uniform." The school system here has started a Standard School Attire policy this year. Students must wear combinations limited to khaki, navy, or black pants, skirts, jumpers, shorts, etc. and white or navy tops with collars. Each school can choose four additional colors for tops.

I think the kids look very nice, neat, and cute in their SSA. Luke's school allows white, navy, blue, red, yellow, and green. Some schools have put pink in the mix--Got to take care of the princesses among us! They also have some things they can add like vests, jackets, etc.--But everything has to conform to the colors and other policies. If you have loops you MUST wear a belt and all shirts must be tucked in. No more baggin' saggin' pants, no jeans, no midriffs showing, etc.




















Luke is pictured above in his navy and yellow version of SSA. Of course, he was not in the habit of wearing baggin', saggin' clothes before the new policy! I do think he makes a cute little model. Oh, yes! He does wear shoes to school! :-)

I think I may actually get this posted before Saturday is over. I'll see you tomorrow with a song and some scripture for Sunday.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:48 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At August 19, 2007 at 7:27 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Your grandson looks very handsome!! The school Oksana attended last year had the dress code. I believe in it and like it. I doubt they have one in the state she is now living :o(

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and you certainly deserved it!!

Glad LA came to your rescue. She is indeed one talented young woman and always so willing and eager to help.

Just want you to know I've missed you!! I'm also still so excited about what you are coming with in connection with Beth Moore. I haven't forgotten :o)
((hugs))
Susan

 
At August 19, 2007 at 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Luke certainly DOES make a cute model. And he is no different than most of us, kicking off those shoes first thing through the door :)

I hope all turns out well for the challenges in the family health. We can sure lose sleep and energy worrying over things can't we? Let's pray it is over nothing this time.

School starts here tomorrow. Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do. I am so looking forward to it. I am armed with a list. Of course. You know me.

Have a great Sunday, Myrna. I'll check back for your Sunday post later.

 
At August 19, 2007 at 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the look of that little guy, too handsome!

 
At August 19, 2007 at 12:33 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Our grandsons have always worn uniforms to school. Their choices are much more limited however. I do think it's a great idea, and wish it was enforced in the public schools here. It's not a pretty site to see young men walking down the street with jeans drooping down so far that their underwear is fully exposed!
Your shopping outing sounds delightful. Lovely to catch up with you..
:)

 
At August 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna,

Sounds like you have been very busy....thanks for visiting with me....Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
I NEED A LITTLE HELP, FRIENDS!
Wordless Wednesday--Exuberance!
Back to School!
Shackles
Let's Play the Name Game!
Show and Tell--A Treasure From My Family
Battle at Kruger
Ups and Downs in Real LIfe
Who Am I--Casting Crowns
Show and Tell--A Reading Collection

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: