Friday, June 22, 2007
Show and Tell--Bible Study Treasure
Kelli, at There's No Place Like Home says,
Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!" Do you have a something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, an antique find. Your show and tell can be old or new. Use your imagination and dig through those old boxes in your closet if you have to! Feel free to share pictures and if there's a story behind your special something, that's even better!
If you want to participate, click over to Kelli's and join in the fun.

Bible Study Treasure
I was scrambling in my brain for a Show and Tell goody this week. There's been a lot going on in my real world so I had not prepared a Show and Tell post. Some friends came to visit today and brought my husband and me a real treat. Let's see…It's not a trinket, not a piece of jewelery, nor is it an antique. It is new--but a little bit old, too.


This is a copy of A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place. It is the new Bible study with Beth Moore. It is an updated edition of the first Beth Moore Bible Study that was published--way back in 1995. It is an in-depth study of the tabernacle and how God seeks to develop a relationship with his followers. Those of you who have participated in a Beth Moore Bible study know how her profound Biblical knowledge, superb teaching skills, and indescribable humor can lead you through a unique and unforgettable learning experience.

What makes this even more of a treasure is that for months I have been wrestling with the idea of leading a Bible study in my home one day a week. I have considered doing this several times in the past and have always, for one reason or another, decided the time was not right. I have been struggling with the decision again. I had also been considering whether to use one of Beth's studies, and, if so, which one. When our friends came in with that beautiful box today I felt like I had my answer.


It's possible that I will soon be sitting here with my Bible, a study guide, and a DVD as I study, pray, cry, and laugh with Beth and some friends as we consider how the Old Testament account of the building of the tabernacle can impact our lives today. Now, THAT should be a real experience to treasure!

Labels: ,


  posted at 2:18 PM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At June 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly...may your desire become a reality! Blessings.

 
At June 23, 2007 at 1:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful! I love the way the Lord worked it out so you knew your next step! I know you all will have such a rewarding time.

The colors in your home are the same as mine! Good taste, girlfriend! LOL

 
At June 23, 2007 at 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna I am so excited for you. I love Beth. I have done most of her studies but not this one. May I come to your bible study?? Let's see ... where to you live. I'll have to see how bad the commute would be.

I can't remember if you were one of my sisters who were trying to help me decide what study to teach come August. But you know, we retired gals have to keep our hand in it once in awhile. One of my goals as a teacher is always to teach from the depths of my heart to a group who WANTS to be there, and women's bible study always fills an incredible place for me. I love to lead those.

So let us know what you think. I'd be so happy to be in your study. And Beth! And the Tabernacle! Oh, mercy!

 
At June 23, 2007 at 8:09 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh my Myrna, how very wonderful. Wish I could be one of those that could come and sit in with your group every week!!! I would love it so. God has already picked those special women who will be there, just as He had already picked the time and material for you to teach. What an awesome God we serve.
((hugs))
Susan

 
At June 23, 2007 at 10:22 AM, Blogger theups said...

That is a WONDERFUL study!!! I learned so much when the ladies in our church went through this study. I would love to go through it again because I know there is SO much more to know!!!

His,
Mrs.U

 
At June 23, 2007 at 11:42 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

How exciting, Myrna!! I know you will have a blessed Bible study!
Kelli

 
At June 23, 2007 at 11:53 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna, I'm sure the Lord will bless you in your endeavors to study His Word and His Ways....

Thank you for the visit and sweet compliment.....Betty

 
At June 23, 2007 at 12:25 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

Very cool. I hope the study goes well!
I love the colors on your blog. They are very pretty.

 
At June 23, 2007 at 1:08 PM, Blogger ... said...

thanks for visiting my site.

i love how God works in our lives. you had been thinking about leading a bible study, probably wrestling a little with that idea, and then friends bring you a gift. i think that was directly from God. especially if you're now feeling like this is right, it's what you want to do, and have the right study. i wish you a wonderful time of getting to know each other (the women) better and getting to know God better.

 
At June 23, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Oh I wish I could come to your Bible study! I haven't studied that book yet but I'm sure we carry them in our Bible Book Store. I'll have to check on that today when I go over!! You sure got your answer didn't you? Nice when God speaks in such a loud clear way!! :0)

 
At June 24, 2007 at 1:03 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

That's wonderful, Myrna! I wish I could come...:)

 
At June 24, 2007 at 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna I liked to your blog today. Let me know if you'd rather I did not and I will take it off. Then I'll ask forgiveness. :)

 
At June 25, 2007 at 8:58 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I have done two or three Beth Moore bible studies. I really like them.

I'm sure it will be a great bible study.

That would be neat if you lead/hosted bible study.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

 
At June 25, 2007 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Hi Myrna, I am visiting your blog today through a link on Becky's blog. I have enjoyed reading over several posts and plan to return to visit with you again. I have made note on the title of Beth's book and will check into this particular study. I too have wanted to host a study for women in our home...but sadly, have not taken action on it it. Thanks for sharing this today! Blessings, Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Home Again, Home Again. . .
Tomorrow's Life Adventure
New look for Cherish. . .the word!
Happy Father's DayToMy Husband, LeeAndOur Sons,Gre...
Show and Tell--Treasures from Grandmother
OUR FRIEND RITA
WOMAN TO WOMAN--HAVING THE LATEST, GREATEST
PSALM 121--MY SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY
SHOW AND TELL--TREASURES FROM ISRAEL
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: