Saturday, May 19, 2007
THANKS FOR LISTENING
Well, best laid plans and all that! I really planned to post a Show and Tell today. I just couldn't seem to carve out a piece of time large enough for blogging today! I am, however, enjoying looking at all the other Show and Tell offerings. Hopefully I will get them all read by tomorrow. I'll be sure to participate next week!

In the meantime--I would like to share something with you. Some readers of this blog know about my husband's illness. I posted about it
here. Today was somewhat difficult for Mr. L. He struggles with heavy congestion most days and must use a suction machine to clear his lungs. He experienced a particularly rough time today with little relief. He is finally resting quietly tonight.

His nurse was here today. We are fortunate to have a lovely Christian nurse who comes twice a week to check on Mr. L. She has been great support during the two months we have been working with her. I believe we have added some good ideas to the plan of attack we need to use in this ongoing battle. We will be implementing some relatively minor changes in the next few days--Nothing major, just tweaking the way we do some things. The goal right now is for Mr. L to be comfortable and keep the congestion and accompanying problems to a minimum.


Please pray for Mr L that he will get some relief from the congestion and regain some of the strength he has lost during this ongoing battle. He has an unwavering faith and continues to seek God's will in his life even through this difficult struggle. He is a remarkable man, loved by many!


Fortunately, our children are with us this weekend. Of course, G and his family live nearby. K and H and their boys came tonight for a visit that had been planned for several days. I believe having all four grandchildren here has cheered Mr. L. He takes great pleasure in being with our sons and their families.


Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; You display your power among the peoples.
--Psalm 77:13-14

  posted at 1:20 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At May 19, 2007 at 6:38 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Glad your family is there for a few days. Praying for you and Mr. L.
Susan

 
At May 19, 2007 at 7:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi Myrna, I came by to thank you for your sweet comment on my SIL.
I read that your husband had a bad day yesterday, and I wanted you to know that I will pray for your situation. We've been through a long-term illness before, and know how hard it is at times.
Come back and visit sometime! I love company!
Blessings to you,
Karen

 
At May 19, 2007 at 10:13 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Myrna,
Sorry to hear your husband is having some rough times. I'm sure that your family being there will cheer him.
I'll keep you both in my prayers..

 
At May 19, 2007 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Thank you for letting us know the situation with Mr. L so that we can pray about these things. Isn't this a wonderful part of blogging when we can uphold one another in prayer from all over the US and beyond!

 
At May 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your husband is feeling better soon.

 
At May 19, 2007 at 1:14 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Myrna, what a moving post. I was not aware of your situation and I will keep both of you in my prayers.
It sounds like the Lord is using your husband in directions he may not have taken if things were different.(with his writing)

Thanks for stopping by my blog,Friend.

 
At May 19, 2007 at 5:35 PM, Blogger Trella said...

How wonderful for your family to be there. I will continue praying for Mr. L.
Blessings,
Trella

 
At May 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I will be praying for him, Myrna.
I'm so glad your family was there today to lift his spirits...(((HUGS)))

 
At May 20, 2007 at 12:16 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine".

I'm glad your kids and grandchildren are there to cheer y'all up.

I've done my share of nursing sick friends and family, so I know just what you're dealing with. I'll be praying for y'all, Myrna.

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
IT'S JUST MY WEST TEXAS TWANG
RANDOM X EIGHT
DIGGING IN THE DIRT
MONDAY MORSELS
MOTHER'S DAY TRIBUTE
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY--VALENTINE'S DAY DOLL
Thursday Thirteen #4
A Little Randomness to Start the Day
I'VE BEEN INTERVIEWED!
Contest!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: