Saturday, May 12, 2007
MOTHER'S DAY TRIBUTE
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

In Memory and Honor
of those women
in my life--
and the life of my husband--
who have “mothered” us. . .

Beulah 1910-1953
My Mother
I was in first grade when she died unexpectedly in her sleep.
My brother and sisters, who are older than me,
have more vivid memories of her.
I love hearing their stories
of growing up with this remarkable lady.
Everyone who knew her
loved her gentle and fun-loving personality.
She loved the Lord, her family, and a good time.
She definitely left a legacy of love and laughter.

*********
Rachel 1915-
My StepMother
She is almost 92 and always ready for a family get-together.
She came to our family when we were all grown or almost grown.
She cared for our father through Alzhiemer’s disease.
For that we are grateful.

*********
Frankie 1897-1990
My Aunt
She was my Dad’s oldest sister and she had no children of her own.
She helped my Dad raise my older sister and me.
We lived with her, and her husband Ed, for a year when we were in second and fourth grades and again for awhile when we were in high school.
She was a guiding force in my life.
Going to her house was always like going home.
She was always a gracious, Christian lady.
She worked, firmly, patiently, and tirelessly, to instill those values in me!

*********
My Aunts
Both my Dad and my Mother had sisters and sisters-in-law who loved me and showed me examples of how to be good mothers.
They were a loving part of the village that helped raise me.

Emma 1914-

Mr. L’s Mother

Emma, age 92, is Mr. L’s mother.
Widowed in 1968, she has lived by herself in High Point, NC,
about 20 miles from Mr. L’s brother for over 20 years now.
Through orphaned as a child, her strong faith in Christ
was the first spiritual influence in my husband’s life.
As a Bible teacher for over 40 years and strong prayer warrior,
G-Maw has been a model of Christian faith for many.


*********
Nancy

"Ninnie" to her Granchildren

Ninnie was Mr. L’s paternal grandmother.
Widowed as a relatively young woman, she lived with her older son,
my husband’s father, for most of her adult life.
Mr. L called her “Ninnie” when the family tried to get him to call her, “Nanny.”
She had a great influence on Mr. L,
being the first to encourage his creativity—especially as a storyteller.


Dorothy

Our Good Friend

A remarkable lady who has been a part of our lives for over thirty years.
She and her husband, Gene, have been like an extra set of grandparents to our children.
She is a loving, Christian lady who has shared life events--both joyous and sad--with us.
She and her sweet husband are a blessing!


  posted at 1:11 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At May 12, 2007 at 4:45 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh Myrna, what wonderful women you have had in your life. They all seem to have been such a good example of womanhood. This was lovely.

I did a very similar tribute today. Great minds and all that......

 
At May 12, 2007 at 4:50 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Wonderful tributes to wonderful people in your life.

 
At May 12, 2007 at 7:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You certainly are a wonderful example of the saying "it takes a village" All these women certainly taught you be their wonderful example.
It had to be very hard to lose your Mom at such a tender age.
Happy Mother's Day

 
At May 12, 2007 at 10:08 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a lovely tribute, Myrna! Happy Mother's Day.
Kelli

 
At May 12, 2007 at 11:16 PM, Blogger Disney for Boys said...

Beautiful post, thanks for sharing about these lovely people who have touched your life so.

Tiany
http://homeschoolblogger.com/tiany

 
At May 13, 2007 at 8:42 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a wonderful tribute to all the wonderful women in your life. Sounds like you had many great influences and many who loved you! Happy Mother's Day!

 
At May 13, 2007 at 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the most wonderul mother of them all is you, Myrna. I know. I've watched you love, nurture, discipline, guide, encourage, and go the second mile time and again with our two boys for over 30 years now. May God richly bless you for it.

 
At May 13, 2007 at 3:32 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Loved reading you Mother's Day post.Isn't it wonderful to have great role models in our lives ?

I'll be back to visit.

 
At May 13, 2007 at 4:09 PM, Blogger Betty said...

How blessed you are to have so many inspiring women in your life..
Please come by to see again...
Betty

 
At May 14, 2007 at 12:54 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your kids and grandkids, Myrna.

My hubby ended up taking me out for Sunday Dinner, and we went with 2 of my sisters and my nephew, his wife and their baby. The Chinese food was great today!

Hugs,

Diane

 
At May 14, 2007 at 4:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your tribute was really special. I love how you honored all the "moms" in your life.

And I was thrilled to hear you have taught 3rd grade for many years. It is my favorite grade also. They are old enough to have an insatiable hunger for something new, and remember it, and still young enough to not feel silly loving their teacher. They have given me such joy. I miss them when I leave them every year. But I am sure excited to be able to do more at home.

 
At May 14, 2007 at 10:50 AM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my site via Suzy's! I have been reading some of your posts and enjoying them. I just read of your husbands difficulties and how you and your family have all grown through out all of it. My family is very close too and I thank God for that, not nearly as often as I should! My husband has Addison's disease and we have had some pretty scary moments too in our 37 years together but praise God he is still here when they didn't think he would be 29 years ago!! Stop by again, I will be reading your posts from now on!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY--VALENTINE'S DAY DOLL
Thursday Thirteen #4
A Little Randomness to Start the Day
I'VE BEEN INTERVIEWED!
Contest!
Monday Morsels
Thursday Thirteen #3

Praying for Heather
TAGGIN' THE BAG

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: