Monday, May 14, 2007
DIGGING IN THE DIRT

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
--Ecclesiastes 3:11

Take a look at a little part of God's world that is not so beautiful right now! My fault --I'm the caretaker of this little spot. I am late this year doing anything in the way of beautifying the yard. In fact, I have not done much with it, other than have the grass mowed and shrubs trimmed the past two years. Actually, the grass looks pretty good. The rest of it--not so much. I better get started or the neighborhood yard police might show up at my door! :

It is time to spruce up this little patch of earth in the front of the house. Last year I tried to keep the weeds out and just let the hostas grow! And, you can see they have grown! Oh--and I did hang a couple of wreaths with spring flowers on the front doors. That was pretty much all I had the energy and enthusiasm for at the time--just a little overwhelmed with life.















This year I am going to do a little more. I know my limits--so I'm not taking on major
landscaping projects. But, I am feeling the call of the outdoors--so I'm going to go play in the dirt for a little while. I'll get rid of those weeds--do something about the hostas
taking over the space--maybe get a little color out mixed in with the green. I'm not a seasoned gardener, but I can do a little something to make it look more presentable! I'll show you what I accomplish later!

While I'm outside digging, you can work this pretty little flower puzzle! Just double click in the middle of the puzzle. I'll be back!

Click to Mix and Solve




  posted at 11:26 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At May 15, 2007 at 8:30 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Our yard needs so much attention at the moment, too!
And how fun of you to include that little flower puzzle! :D

 
At May 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am having a ball with your puzzle. Actually ... I should be in bed. Five o'clock comes so early.

You have encouraged me so much with your observation that your eating and healthy exercise habits were boosted when you retired. As you are aware, I am counting the days, hours and minutes. I do so much better when I am home full time. Not so many temptations around here, and the time to do as I please ... which is get out and move.

Thanks for your encouragement, and good luck with your yard. I love hostas and we can't grow them in Florida of course.

Back to that crazy puzzle.

 
At May 16, 2007 at 11:32 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

There always seems to be something to do and something that gets away from us. Good luck with your gardening.

 
At May 16, 2007 at 12:47 PM, Blogger Susie said...

We don't have hostas here. Have fun working in your garden. I find that very relaxing. Sorry the puzzle wouldn't load for me..
Looks fun though!!
:)

 
At May 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Hi! Those hostas are really easy to split up and you can put some other places and they won't be so big. Wave Petunias are so easy to grow and you don't have to dead head them like the regular petunias and they fill out really quickly and are real showy without a lot of work. I use them a lot and have good success. Good luck! You have a pretty house!

 
At May 16, 2007 at 8:38 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That puzzle was a lot of fun.

Good luck with the gardening project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
MONDAY MORSELS
MOTHER'S DAY TRIBUTE
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY--VALENTINE'S DAY DOLL
Thursday Thirteen #4
A Little Randomness to Start the Day
I'VE BEEN INTERVIEWED!
Contest!
Monday Morsels
Thursday Thirteen #3


In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: