Wednesday, May 2, 2007
TAGGIN' THE BAG
OK, I'll take the plunge and show the purse. Barb thinks she is the last one in bloggyville to do it. No, No, Not at all! That would be me!

Barb must be extremely neat and organized--at least her blog posts, pictures, and purse are! I'm in awe because I am the queen of stacks--You know, stacks of books, stacks of magazines, stacks of mail, etc. I think it is admirable to have a place for everything and I do like clean. However, the concept of everything in its place sometimes escapes me. More drawers than I care to admit have turned into "junk" drawers. I do stay a few steps head of the Clean Sweep Team, and, the Health Dept. will probably not shut me down anytime soon. I say all that to prepare you for the state of my purse--not an organizer's dream!

I don't spend a lot of money on a purse because, well, there are just a lot of purses in the world! It is good to be able to tell one good-bye and choose another one for awhile. I have a friend who LOVES purses. She has many and changes them often according to what outfit she is wearing. She also LOVES jewelry and would not think of leaving the house without at least earrings and a bracelet--and of course, purse-- that complement the outfit. I mean the woman is an accessorizing genius. I must add, she ALWAYS looks great!

Anyhow! I fall somewhere between those who buy one purse and use it forever and my IRL friend who has a closet full of them and uses them all. I like to have one that I use most of the time, but I change it for another one every few months, by seasons, or when I see a purse that is just calling my name. Therefore, I don't normally spend a lot for one. I did buy a Dooney&Burke purse one time, but I found it at the outlet in Freeport, Maine--and it was very reasonably priced!

This current, very ordinary. number is one I bought at Kohl's in 2005 and used for two winter seasons. I am almost ready to tell it good-bye. It is red because red is my neutral color. I mean, really, doesn't everything go with some shade of red?


Now for the inside? Stand back, it may look like a relatively small purse, but you would be surprised what might come out of it!



Actually, not as bad as usual. I'm almost proud of myself--no overripe bananas, leftover candy eggs, or checks/letters that should have been mailed a week ago! Let's see--We have the following:
• a wad of receipts from my last trip to Kroger
• an old grocery list torn from my book. If the purse were bigger the book would be in it--Gotta have my little notebook!
• a sunglasses case--I didn't open it, but--wonder of wonders--the sunglasses are there!
• my wallet--You can tell it is stuffed and past due to be replaced!
• cell phone--What did we do without them?
• a headband--I have no idea why that is there--I only wear them when I'm washing my face and putting on make-up.
• a pair of earrings--Uh, why?
• two pens--Only 2?!
• three one dollar bills--Must have been in a hurry at a check-out counter.
• $1.29 in change--We could do a lot of good for the world if we combined all the change in the bottom of women's purses--except for you very organized ones that don't budge at check-out until you have put it where it belongs. I'm so envious of your self-discipline!
• two Imodium tablets--You don't want to know, but I don't leave home without them.
• a syringe--It is for my husband's trach--used to put air in the cuff that stabilizes it inside his throat. We have several; this one is left over from a trip to the hospital.
I usually have lipstick, gum, and a package of tissue--Wonder where they are?

Well, now that I have all that stuff out of there, why not do a little house, er, purse cleaning and organize a new one. I'll organize it, but I don't promise it will stay that way! Here's the choices I have at this time--one was a gift, one left from last year, and one picked up on sale at the mall. Which should I choose--or should I go shopping again? Hmmmm, I'm thinkin'______




Since Barb and I think we are the last ones to show our purses, it may be futile for me to say this, but here goes--I tag YOU! Show us what you carry around with you!

Labels:


  posted at 2:33 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At May 3, 2007 at 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

These are cool photos. I wish I could get used to carrying a purse..I love the colors on yours


thanks for signing up for the scavenger hunt...we are having a blast

 
At May 3, 2007 at 10:18 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I love your purse! And you did such a great job with this! :)
You do manage to fit quite a bit into that little handbag, though! LOL

With my super big shoulder bag, I have everything in there, sometimes, but the kitchen sink...and a pen when I need it! ;)

 
At May 3, 2007 at 11:12 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Fun post, and you look like you're fairly well organized!

I haven't worked up the nerve to do this one yet. Barb suggested I post all my purses. Have to check and see if my camera has wide angle capablitites!!
;)

 
At May 3, 2007 at 12:33 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I use the same purse for a long time, usually until it starts to fall apart. I did just recentely get a new one with the help of a friend. It was smaller that I normally get so I had to down-size but it would still take up a whole page to list all that is in it. My favorite purse story is my sister's--believe it or not (I swear this is true) one day she pulled out a bottle of Nuflor (meds for pigs, she is a territory manager for hog sites) and her son's belt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Scavenger Hunt
Monday Musings
TO PLAY OR NOT TO PLAY--NAME GAME
Woman to Woman--Enduring Health Issues
Monday Musings
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Dora Dress
Failing Grandparenting 101
Thursday Thirteen #2
God Is In Control
Monday Musings

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: