Thursday, May 3, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #3



Thirteen Things about How to Have a Good Day


Well, I have had a beginning blogger blow-out. I worked really hard to offer you my thirteen ways to have a good day. I should now add # 14--Do not try anything that requires a new skill when doing a Thursday Thirteen.

Let me explain--I have been trying to improve my skill with linking. I can put a jpg image up and get it to stay now (sometimes I struggle with placement). I can do a link back to another post. I can even link to another blog. I have FINALLY been able to get a button to stay on my sidebar--except for Blogging Basics 101. That button and I have a history. I guess it is obvious that I don't have all the blogging basics yet!

Today I was going to try AGAIN to link to You Tube. NO WAY! For some reason it will not recognize me for my own blog. So--smart person with multiple college degrees that I am--I decided to go to God Tube and get my video. No problem--got it, but the video didn't show up--just a little box. CRAZY ! Then, while attempting to fix that I lost the whole post!

This whole episode reminded me of a day when I was in graduate school. You understand this was some time ago. I was--like most everyone I knew--very new to computer use. I mean this was before email and other such stuff. We were basically using computers for word processing and games--Way back in the day! Well, I deleted an entire MAJOR paper I had been working on for months--all 40 pages of it! And could not retrieve it. After throwing up, and crying just a little, I spent the next four days rewriting it!

Now years later I have just deleted another really important piece of writing--my Thursday Thirteen!!!! History repeats itself! Guess what--I'm not going to throw up, cry , or rewrite it!

You guys will have to find your own way to HAVE A GOOD DAY!

1-13. Come back next week. I will try to reconstruct my list!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




  posted at 2:30 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At May 3, 2007 at 6:03 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey! You tricked me! Oh well, happy TT13 anyway.
Oh mines up at http://www.anyapples.blogspot.com/

 
At May 3, 2007 at 7:29 PM, Blogger Jenny McB said...

You are a smart person, you to will figure this all out!

I got a book to use when I want to do that fancy jpeg stuff, it helps.

 
At May 3, 2007 at 9:22 PM, Blogger KarenW said...

You lost a 40 page paper! I'd be sick too. Sorry you lost your TT. You'll get things figured out. I'm not pro but I do OK for a technology challenged person. My TT is up too.

 
At May 3, 2007 at 10:17 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Haha! What a day you've had! I hate when technology does not do as it promises!
Thanks for the honesty...I'll visit again; I like teachers' blogs!

 
At May 4, 2007 at 1:38 AM, Blogger jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

COME SEE DARLING,ITS A SWAP BOX!XXOO

 
At May 4, 2007 at 1:33 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Sometimes I feel like I could get my 4 year old to get things to work better for me :D

 
At May 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM, Blogger Butterfly Mama said...

here via the scavenger hunt, you and Chelle #40 both did TT on frustrations this week!!! - even if yours is a non thirteen :)!!

 
At May 5, 2007 at 11:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh man...I can so relate! It took me ages to figure some of these blogging things out!

 
At May 5, 2007 at 2:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hi Myrna - I just posted the 6 questions for your INTERVIEW. Have fun!!!

 
At May 6, 2007 at 12:39 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Myrna,

Sorry your TT didn't work out. I've been blogging for over a year now and I still don't have all this stuff figured out. I usually just muddle through until I figure it out or tear it up. ;D

Thank you so much for your prayers for Jessica. As I type this at almost 1 am my time, she's back in the hospital again for observation. They're probably going to keep her overnight this time. We'll see.

Hope you have a great Sunday, and enjoy those cinnamon rolls and those boys.

Hugs,

Diane

 
At May 7, 2007 at 1:01 AM, Blogger Jeannine said...

Uhm... LOL :-)
Don't worry, you will learn and the help section is a good place to find answers. If in doubt - Google it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts

Praying for Heather
TAGGIN' THE BAG
Scavenger Hunt
Monday Musings
TO PLAY OR NOT TO PLAY--NAME GAME
Woman to Woman--Enduring Health Issues
Monday Musings
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Dora Dress
Failing Grandparenting 101

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: