Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Monday, May 28, 2007

MONDAY MORSELS/TUESDAY TIDBITS


Monday Morsels has become Tuesday Tidbits for this week!

We had a quiet Memorial Day. Both our sons' families have been on family trips--one to the beach, one to the mountains. We have heard from both families and they were having a great time. K's family was on their way home yesterday, G's family will return later this week. Both of our sons and their wives have jobs that have high stress times during the year--tax time, end of school, b ball season, VBS coming up, etc. They were all ready for a few days of vacation! I'm so happy for them that they were able to get away for a few days.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. L. Report for all those who keep up with him.
He is still battling congestion, although he has had some relief this past week. Fatigue is still a concern. However, he is beginning to do some exercising again. We have set a few physical goals for the near future. We will keep you posted as we reach those goals.

Mr. L is back to writing on a regular basis. He has finished some of his
Christ to the World projects and is doing some personal writing. As I have told you, he is working on "The Book." He says he is not sure anyone wants to read it--We assure him his family wants to read it and that's all that counts!

The family keeps a close watch on how far Poppy is into his life story. So far he has told about his childhood in the coal mine area of Virginia and his move to Florida where he attended college. Now, finally, he is approaching the time that we--the boys and I--start showing up. We had about decided we were not going to be included! Of course, I am planning to do some careful editing on these chapters! :) BTW--if any of you friends out there want me to "edit" chapters in which you might appear we can negotiate! lol

Seriously, our family looks forward to having this treasure. Mr. L can tell a good story--and he has lots of them to tell! God has blessed Mr. L in many ways and it is obvious that, throughout his life, God has had a unique plan to use his talents for His Kingdom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Susan, Penless Writer, had a post this weekend about "what word identifies you in the Body of Christ?" (Go here to read the whole post--very interesting analogy). Mr. L and I discussed what words we think best describe us. I believe this is one of those concepts that can vary according to the season you are experiencing in your life at any given time. For example, at different times in my life, I could have chosen teacher, follower, believer, or learner. Now, for this season of our lives, Mr. L chose "obedient" and I chose "servant." As we seek to fulfill these specific roles we can claim these promises from God's Word:

Obedience
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me,
he will obey my teaching.
My Father will love him,
and we will come to him
and make our home with him.
--John 14:23 (NIV)

Servant
Whoever serves me must follow me;
and where I am, my servant also will be.
My Father will honor the one who serves me.

--John 12:26 (NIV)

What is the word that best describes you in the Body of Christ? What scripture can you claim for support in the role you seek to fulfill for this time in your life

  posted at 12:26 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At May 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Myrna - Not only is it okey - I am honored. Now I'll go read it and come back and comment again :o)
Susan

 
At May 29, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Great post. Mine is the same one I used in my post. The Word---
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

I choose The Word because I truly love the Word better than anything......the Living Word, Jesus, and the Written Word. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
II Timothy 3: 16 & 17
Susan

 
At May 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna, you are hilarious. Walking and blogging at the same time! IF they invent that we'd all be skinny minnys wouldn't we???

I do something even better when I walk though. I pray. Out loud. I am absoutely certain that people think I am crazy. But I don't care. My prayers are so much more vivid and clear and creative when I walk. It's that blood flow to the heart and brain I'm sure.

Thanks for the encouragement that the weight loss will come with a life style change. I know you are right. I have already seen that I eat so much less when I am not sitting at a desk and I am walking every morning and looking forward to it, instead of being so exhausted that I dread it. It will happen. Thanks!

 
At May 30, 2007 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I think this so wonderful that your husband is writing about his life! what a wonderful legacy!
Have a good Wednesday, Myrna! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
MEMORIAL DAY 2007
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY--THE DOLL SHELF
BORROWIN', STEALIN' AND GRABBIN'
WOMAN TO WOMAN==CELEBRATE ME
If you have been following the saga of the disappe...
MONDAY MORSELS
WHERE ARE MY PICTURES?
THE FUN AND FANTASTIC FOUR
THANKS FOR LISTENING
IT'S JUST MY WEST TEXAS TWANG

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: