Thursday, May 24, 2007
BORROWIN', STEALIN' AND GRABBIN'


You Are Indigo



Of all the shades of blue, you are the most funky, unique, and independent.

Expressing yourself and taking a leap of faith has always been easy for you.

What Color Blue Are You?

I found this at Leigh Ann's a few days ago. If you haven't done it yet, I invite you to find out what is your shade of blue! As you can see I am Indigo. ???? The independent and taking a leap of faith I get, but the funky? Oh, right--I can do the Funky Chicken! :-)

I'm going to continue to be a little lazy in this post--Some days are like that! Since I am borrowing/stealing from one blog, I'll just go ahead and grab something from another.

Barb had some good meme's at her place yesterday. I'm going to stay away from the long ABC one today--Remember, I said I was being lazy! We'll try this one. we'll call it:

The Nearest Book Meme
For this meme you are instructed to pick up the book nearest to you, turn to page 128 and reveal the contents of the third paragraph. OK--This is good for a lazy day! Here goes.

This is not either of the books I'm reading now. That would be-- iPhoto 6, The Missing Manual, by Pogue and Story (Well, I'm not actually reading this one--More like perusing section at a time trying to learn how to post those pesky pictures so that I can be almost as good at it as Susie) or The 6th Target, by James Patterson (Because sometimes I just have to read a thriller and I like the characters in this series. Usually one book of that kind and I have it out of my system for awhile.)

Anyway--the book closest to me right now is one I have read parts of occasionally since I got it for Christmas. I will continue to pick it up and enjoy a chapter, an essay, a recipe from time to time.


I have read the entire Mitford Series and enjoyed all nine books. I discovered these books several years ago while shopping in a little bookstore on Mackinac Island in Michigan. I bought two of them then and finished one of them while on vacation. If you haven't read them I recommend you give them a try--Good, easy reading, feel good books. You will come to love the characters.


Finally, here is paragraph three on pg. 128 of Jan Karon's, The Mitford Bedside Companion.


"There's a reason. . .


REALLY. that's it--I told you I was lazy today!

I don't ever tag a specific person--at least I haven't yet. So, I tag anyone who has a book with at least 128 pages in it near them. Pick it up, open it to page 128, find the third paragraph, tell us what it says. Perfect for a lazy blogging day!

See you tomorrow for Show and Tell!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 6:40 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At May 24, 2007 at 9:59 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

"So, I tag anyone who has a book with at least 128 pages in it near them."

Hmm, all I'm surrounded by at the moment are children's books! lol

 
At May 24, 2007 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

Stack children's books up until you have 128 pages.

Now your challenge is finding a page with three paragraphs on it! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
WOMAN TO WOMAN==CELEBRATE ME
If you have been following the saga of the disappe...
MONDAY MORSELS
WHERE ARE MY PICTURES?
THE FUN AND FANTASTIC FOUR
THANKS FOR LISTENING
IT'S JUST MY WEST TEXAS TWANG
RANDOM X EIGHT
DIGGING IN THE DIRT
MONDAY MORSELS

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: