Friday, July 11, 2008
Show and Tell--My Red Hutch

It's been several months since I've participated in Show and Tell. In fact, it's been so long I have almost forgotten the rules and guidelines! Maybe I had better let Kelli fill us in on the idea. Here's what she says over at There is No Place Like Home:

"Welcome to “Show and Tell Friday!” Do you have something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, or a treasured collection. Look around your home for something to share; dig through those boxes in your closet if you have to! Share photos and the story that goes with your special item."


Several weeks ago I went shopping in Franklin with a couple of friends. We had a great day! The main purpose of our trip was to find some treasures for my bedroom. I am in the process of making changes in there.

We found this great red hutch/cabinet. Both of my friends said, almost at the same time, "You have to have that!" After several hours of shopping and thinking about it, I had to agree with them. So, here it is--a new treasure at my house.



Yes, it will be in my bedroom. I'm not sure about everything that will be in the room. We did find a wonderful creamy white quilt and shams, a green/gold/cream patchwork throw, and a fantastic black iron bed. I didn't get the bed, but I will probably go back for it. This room is going to be different from anything I have ever had before. I'll be sure to share some pictures when I get it finished--If I can get pictures taken, downloaded, etc. :)

What treasure are you going to share with us today? Hurry on over to Kelli's and get in on the fun!

I'm off to "visit" some of ya'll! Have a great day!

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  18 comments



18 Comments:
At July 11, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Blogger Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The hutch is lovely and I am anxious to see your room. I like the deep colors of red and the black bed...sounds yummy to me!
Have a good weekend!

 
At July 11, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I do love the "bones" of that hutch, no matter what color it is! I'm sure the red will coordinate with your theme when you get your bedroom done.

I'm more the "free, hand-me-down, or yard sale" type gal myself, LOL! ;o)

Happy Weekend, Myrna!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 11, 2008 at 5:45 AM, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

That hutch is awesome. I'm glad you shared it with us for show n tell. I love the finish. It truly IS red. Beautiful.

 
At July 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Blogger Susan said...

That is beautiful, Myrna. I look forward to seeing the finished room and this beautiful hutch with "goodies" filling it.
Susan

 
At July 11, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Its BEAUTIFUL!!! (Can I have one just like it shipped to me? heehee)

I look forward to seeing your room progression as well! A black iron bed sounds lovely!

Hugs!
LA

 
At July 11, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had gotten out of the habit of coming over here. So it is great to hear your voice again. You sound well, and happy to be back enjoying life with all those you love.

Your hutch is so beautiful. That would go perfectly in my house. But I'd have to put it out in the middle of the house where everyone could see it. So lovely. I can't wait to see what you will put in it.

And that Peggy Sue! Oh, my! What a cutie. She will keep Lila and Wooky on their paws when they get together.

 
At July 11, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Blogger A Hint of Home said...

Yummy colors for your room. I love the hutch. I have lots of red in my home.
Keep us posted on the room and it's progress.

 
At July 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely hutch! What a find!

 
At July 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love the new hutch! Sounds like fun changing your bedroom drastically.

We're doing some stuff in the house - the kitchen especially. I'm not looking forward to the process, but definitely can't wait till it's finished!

 
At July 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Blogger nancy said...

wowie! That's beautiful.
Nancy

 
At July 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

The hutch is incredible! I hope you share your room when it's finished so we can all see the finished work :).

 
At July 11, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Blogger Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

What a beautiful hutch! I can't wait to see your pictures when your room is finished. I'm trying to decide what direction to go with our bedroom... so I'm always on the look-out for ideas.

 
At July 11, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for coming over to visit today - I am thoroughly enjoying retirement, and can't imagine anything changing that! I am so glad you're having some fun in your life.

Yes, the twins are doing so well - and are so gorgeous.

And yes, pictures are just blog posts waiting to happen!

 
At July 12, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Blogger Linda said...

It sounds like the bedroom will be just stunning Myrna. The hutch will be a wonderful piece. I love all the things you've mentioned and look forward to seeing pictures of the finished product!
Have a blessed weekend!

 
At July 12, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Myrna,
That red will add a real pop of color to your bedroom! Can't wait to see photos of your redecoration project!
xo

 
At July 13, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I LOVE your new hutch, Myrna! It will be perfect in your room and I can't wait to see it. Welcome back to show and tell, I've missed you!
~Kelli

 
At July 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the red of the hutch. Can't wait to see what treasures you will display in it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Fourth Fun
In Christ Alone
Hey There! Have a Great Fourth of July!
Hello!!
Carolyn's Legacy--Prayers and Beauty
Sweet Carolyn
Remembering
Home to Heaven
Precious Husband
I Have Some 'Splainin' To Do!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: