Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Precious Husband
I have written several posts in the last few days. They have been full of random thoughts and things like basketball--March Madness is here, you know. I have chosen not to actually post them because my heart is just not in it at this time. anyway, I decided to come by and let you know what's going on in our lives right now.

Some of you are aware that my husband, Lee, has been in very poor health for almost three years. He is not doing well at this time. The last few days have been very difficult. We are thankful for the miracle that Lee has been with us for the last few years. The doctors did not think we would have him anywhere near this long. Our family has treasured what Lee has called his "bonus time."

Lee is a remarkable godly man. Someday I may share parts of his life story with you. It is quite a story--full of faith, hope, and working for the Lord. We do not understand the journey he has traveled the last three years. However, we know that God is in control and He has a plan for Lee and for all of us who have traveled along with him. This is a very painful time; but, in the midst of it we know we will find peace.

I will not be posting a lot in the near future. I may be visiting you --reading and commenting a little now and then. I will also pop in to leave an up-date on Lee's condition as I have time and energy.

I have just finished the Bible study, Stepping Up, by Beth Moore. It was a rich, interesting, and rewarding study. Because of the current uncertain times in my own journey, I found great comfort from studying the the Psalms of Ascent (120-134)--which were sung by the Israelites on their pilgrimages to Jerusalem. What a blessing I received--just when I really needed some blessings!

Psalm 121, a long-time favorite, has come to mean so much more to me in the past few weeks. In it the Psalmist reminds us that God protects us at all times. What a comforting thought as we move through very uncertain "comings and goings." He is with us.

Psalm 121 (HCSB)
A Song of Ascent

1I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where does my help come from?

2My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.

4Indeed the Protector of Israel
does not slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD protects you;
the LORD is a shelter right by your side,

6The sun will not strike you by day;
or the moon by night.

7The LORD will protect you from all harm,
He will protect your life.

8The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever .

Another verse I am claiming during this time is Psalm 139:5. Just imagine--God has us surrounded and His hand is on us. He certainly has us covered! Just the assurance I need right now.

Psalm 139:5

You have encircled me;
You have placed Your hand on me.

Labels:


  posted at 9:06 PM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At March 20, 2008 at 2:05 AM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

While I haven't walked in your particular shoes, I have walked a very similar road, and many times, dear Myrna.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Savor the time you have with Lee. These days are much more important than the time you might spend blogging, although I do miss you. I do understand, dear heart.

With love, hugs and prayers,

Diane

 
At March 20, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Father God we know that you promise us you will never leave us, nor forsake us, and I pray for an added measure of this truth for Myrna, Lee and the rest of the family. Many things we will not know, or understand, this side of heaven, but we know in whom we have believed. I pray extra understanding on them at this time. In Jesus precious, precious name I pray. Amen
Susan

 
At March 20, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

I say Amen to Susan's prayer. I read the other day that we learn things through suffering that we would learn in no other way. We will never know till we get to heaven what the Lord is doing in us and through us.

You and Lee are such godly people and have followed the Lord all these years. May he comfort you, sustain you, and give you peace through what ever is ahead.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just finished emailing you and then came by to see what you had posted. I just knew things were not going so well.

Praise God that He is the hard times as well as the good. And in fact, he snuggles in just that much closer when we need Him that much more.

I'll be praying. God bless!!

 
At March 20, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Praying for you and your dear husband right now Myrna. May God's loving arms be felt around you all.
A very blessed Easter to you.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh Myrna, I'm so very sorry about your husband's health. My prayers are with you both as you move through this time.

My greatest comfort in times of distress has been the knowledge that God goes with me through the valleys and carries me when I can't walk on my own anymore.

Blessings.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

 
At March 20, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Dear Myrna, you and Lee will be on my prayer list continually. I have admired the things that both of you have done in your lives, you have been an inspiration to me. May you feel God's arms around you both during this time and take comfort in it. He is in control and knows our every breath.

Thank you so much Myrna for the book that I just received this week!!!!! I wrote about it in my latest post and know that I will enjoy every minute of it! xoxoxox

 
At March 20, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I am so sorry to hear that things have not been going well. It is so encouraging to read of your strong faith in our God. His ways are not our ways - and we do not always understand them. Someday we will. Someday.
Until then, be strong know you are being covered in prayer. God will sustain you and your husband for whatever is ahead. God bless you.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending love to very special lady and her family.

We know our Father holds the future and we know he cares for us. May you feel His presence in a super natural way.

 
At March 20, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Myrna,
I hope you can feel the prayers and hugs from your blogging friends surrounding you and your family.
Although I haven't had exactly the same trials, I do understand how difficult these times must be for you.
Take comfort in our prayers my friend.
xo

 
At March 21, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Bless your sweet heart, Myrna. I am so glad you have had this "bonus" time. LEe sounds like such a treasure. I look forward to hearing more of his life story. I hope you have more time, but if not, you will definitely have wonderful memories.

I haven't been here yet, and hope to not be for a long time. Even with my parents. But we have such a wonderful community here of caring friends, and I am so thankful that when I've had requests, so many have prayed. The same goes for you at this time!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Blogger Needled Mom said...

You and your family will be in my prayers as you journey down this uncertain path. We can rest assured that He will not abandon you but rather carry you through the most difficult times.

 
At March 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Dear Myrna - please know that you and Lee will be in our prayers. I am so sorry. I pray that the Lord will just wrap His great arms of love around you right now. His promises are precious and true. Blessings to you dear friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
I Have Some 'Splainin' To Do!
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
The Beatles - Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Here's a little known fact about my "neck of the w...
Show and Tell--Maine Blueberry Dishes
Spring--And--Another Birthday!

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: