Friday, April 11, 2008
Sweet Carolyn
There will come a time that I will post some frivolous, random thoughts about something like cleaning out my refrigerator or taking a walk on a beautiful spring day. Yes, I have started posts about those very topics this week. I also have some great stories about the grands. You may read them some day. This will not be the day.

Today my heart is broken--once again. Beautiful, intelligent, talented, vivacious twelve-year-old Carolyn lost her battle with cancer and went home to heaven. Carolyn is the daughter of my nephew, Jeff; granddaughter of my sister, Barbara. She fought valiantly for two and a half years. Now she is healed and is with Jesus, who she loves! (I posted about Carolyn here. I did not continue to relay information about her progress because of privacy issues.)


I will be traveling to Texas for this funeral--a trip I have made too many times in the past few years. Please remember my family as we--again--reme
mber and honor a loved one, celebrate a life lived well, and rejoice in the power of saving grace.

Please remember Carolyn's sweet family. Her parents and her younger brother could certainly use some prayers for peace and comfort at this time.

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Labels:


  posted at 1:09 AM  
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At April 11, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna, I knew this was coming but I am still so sorry to hear it. Again, we grieve, but not without hope.

I will continue to pray for you all. Travel safely.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Myrna I am so sorry to hear more sad, from the earthly perspective, news for your family. Safe travels and our thoughts and prayers go with you and with the entire family.
Susan

 
At April 11, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Blogger someone else said...

So much sadness! My sincerest sympathies to all of you, Myrna.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I'm so sorry. I know you take heart in the fact that your precious husband and now Carolyn are in the presence of our Jesus. They are happy.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Myrna,
I'm so sorry to hear of another loss in your family.
My prayers are with you. Travel safely..
xo

 
At April 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Praying, dear heart. My love and prayers travel with you.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At April 11, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Myrna, My heart goes out to you and to your family once again. We pray for safe traveling and my prayers go with you.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. These things are so hard to understand in this life but I know you know God has a purpose in everything. My prayers for you all once again as you face the days ahead.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you are covered with prayers.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna, I am so sorry about your niece losing her life at such a young age.

Love and Prayers,
Betty

 
At April 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Blogger Needled Mom said...

My prayers are with you and your family once more as you grieve the loss of such a beautiful child - another angel to watch over you.

 
At April 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Blogger Suzy said...

So sorry to hear your sad news...I keep thoughts of you in my heart and may you have a safe trip.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Blogger Erica Simpkins said...

So sorry to hear this Myrna. We will continue to pray for her family. Our niece (Sophia) has been fighting cancer again too. They removed the new brain tumor 3 weeks ago and she is waiting to start radiation.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

My goodness, your family has certainly been hit hard lately. I know it will be sad, but also a celebration of her being in a MUCH better place!

 
At April 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Blogger LBP said...

I am so sorry. Prayers are being said for you and your family.

God Bless

Linda

 
At April 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna...I'm truly sorry to hear of more family sorrow for you! (((HUGS)))
Know that many of us are thinking and praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Remembering
Home to Heaven
Precious Husband
I Have Some 'Splainin' To Do!
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
The Beatles - Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: