Friday, July 4, 2008
Hey There! Have a Great Fourth of July!
Happy Fourth of July!!
Click to Mix and Solve

Hey! Blogging Friends!
I'm on my way back to the blogging world! Thank you for the emails and comments supporting me while I have been dealing with life. I appreciate all of you so much.

I have been busy! Just returned from a trip to Texas! I spent time with lots of precious family members. We had a cousins reunion--How great! I saw cousins I had not seen in YEARS! What fun talking about our parents and the legacies left by them and their parents. My dad was one of eleven children! Therefore, we had lots of stories to tell!

I also spent time with my sister-in-law, Carlene--just the two of us. She and I both said good-bye to our husbands in the last year. It was difficult being at a family gathering without either one of them. She and I talked way into the night. AND--we had a couple of small adventures together---We're not telling!!

I also spent some days with my stepmother and sister. Carol and I had adventures also. I know a lot more about storage now! That girl is the queen of storage solutions! She introduced me to some stores that we don't have here in Musi*ic City. Like IK*EA, The Con*tai*ner Store, and C and Barrell. Fun places!

I do love visiting the Mother Country--but I'm glad to be back home in the Volunteer State.
Now I'm making plans for some changes at home--like paintng rooms, etc. There will be lots to show and tell about that, I'm sure.

Today I'm headed to celebrate the fourth with grandchldren-complete with a parade, cooking out, and fireworks!

Oh, I almost forgot--I'm in love! Yep!--My heart has been stolen! She's almost two months old and has the sweetest face! She's coming to live with me before long! I KNOW there will be stories to tell!


Peggy Sue!

Well, after all, I did grow up in
Lubbock, Texas--Home of Buddy Holly!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:00 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At July 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you could see the smile on my face right now! I am so happy to hear how life is going.

Although I'm sure you missed your guy at the family reunion, I'm also sure that sweet memories flooded your head and warmed your heart. God is so good to give us rememberance.

Love your new little love! What a friend to keep you company!

Happy 4th dear one.

 
At July 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Oh!!!!!!!! I am so glad to see that you are back and that you have been have a good time with your relatives in Texas! That is really good news!

I love your little puppy! She will give you good company.

Happy Fourth of July with your family.

 
At July 4, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Myrna!! I'm so glad you're back. Do you know I checked your blog just the other day to see if perhaps a post had somehow slipped by my bloglines.
How wonderful that you've been able to spend all this time with family and friends. I pray that the Lord is drawing you in close and just surrounding you with His love.
Happy Fourth of July Myrna - and welcome back.

Oh - and that little puppy is just as sweet as can be.

 
At July 4, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a really nice family reunion. I'd love to hear about some of the storage solutions - I just have too much stuff and not enough space!

Peggy Sue is adorable! You'll have fun with her.

 
At July 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yay!! You're back! I've missed you so and wondered often how you were doing, Myrna. :o)

And I nearly overdosed on the CUTE! Peggy Sue is a darlin'.

Happy 4th of July!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 5, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Susan said...

So glad to see you back, Myrna. Peggy Sue, how adorable is she and the name :o)
Susan

 
At July 5, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I've checked so often, and am so glad to hear that you've been having fun while you were gone! Welcome back.

What a cute puppy - what kind is she? Adorable!

 
At July 8, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myrna~ I am so glad to finally find your blog and get a chance to catch up with you! It is a beautiful blog....I am glad that your trip to Texas was enjoyed! I am so excited about your new little love :) I can't wait to meet her. She is adorable....I might just have to make her some of my Rylee Treats Dog Treats! Take care and we will chat soon. Love you! ~Jenn B

 
At July 8, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Myrna,
It was so wonderful to see a post from you when I returned from my short break!
Your reunion sounds like such fun!
Your sweet Peggy Sue will be such good company for you!
(love that name too!)
xo

 
At July 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Blogger Needled Mom said...

Welcome back. I am so glad that you have filled your spare time making wonderful memories and looking forward to the new addition to the house. She is darling and will keep you jumping, I am sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Hello!!
Carolyn's Legacy--Prayers and Beauty
Sweet Carolyn
Remembering
Home to Heaven
Precious Husband
I Have Some 'Splainin' To Do!
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
Happy Birthday - The Beatles
The Beatles - Happy Birthday

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: