Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Fall Into Reading

Katrina at Callapidder Days has planned some reading fun for all of us. It is a no stress, easy, way to share your reading joy with others. Click on a link above and to go see what you need to do. Join in on the fun.

I am an eclectic, whatever-hits-my-fancy-kind-of-reader. I ALWAYS have at least one book going. I am also a fast reader. If I am really into a book I will read through the night--and then be sorry that the characters are gone the next day!

My reading habits don't lend themselves to much discipline so this is a new experience for me--Actually making a list of books to read. I know all my OCD friends out there can't imagine such a concept, but it is does work. :-) When I get caught up in a series is about the only time I am disciplined enough to know what I'm going to read next. With series I do admit to a few OCD tendencies. I like to read the whole series straight through, from beginning to end. It bothers me if I start a series while the author is still adding books to it. So, sometimes I collect them until I have them all and just read straight through. Can you say, "strange and crazy person."

Anyway--I'm taking the plunge and making a list, checking it twice, and GETTING ORGANIZED! We'll see how this goes! So, given all my strangeness with series, need for some little light reading, desire for some reading that makes me think, enjoyment of a little mystery and action, and recent interest in historical fiction--Here's my very eclectic list. I know I will adjust as I read!

In Search of Eden--Linda Nichols
At the Scent of Water--Linda Nichols
On Every Side--Karen Kingsbury
My Sister's Keeper--Jodi Piccoult
The Collectors--David Baldacci
Exile--David North Patterson
The Boleyn Inheritance--Philippa Gregory
1776--David McCullough--I've been reading this one for quite some time--One book I definitely cannot read fast or in one setting--But very fascinating!

Cedar Cove Series--Debbie McComber
Yes, I know there are seven of them, but they all go on the list--some may get rotated to
the spring list. It's a series, ya'll!

Unknown additional books I know I will discover along the way!


A Woman's Heart--Beth Moore
My current Bible Study--If you have ever done a Beth study you know how much you READ!

Labels:


  posted at 9:50 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At September 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great list! I need to put that Cedar Cove series on my list. Well, maybe not THIS list, but my working list that has many, many more books on it.

I am enjoying already getting into my list. I am like you, I'll read all night long and then be sorry that it ended. That is why I love a series so much.

 
At September 25, 2007 at 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty eclectic in my reading too. A lot of times my list is from what I find cheap at Goodwill... Blessings on your fall reading.

 
At September 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I just love this. I was at one of those points that happens to me occassionally. I just couldn't find a really good book to read. I am currently reading books I've read before. Now I have all sorts of good ideas for new books. And oh how I love to read!!

 
At September 25, 2007 at 9:09 PM, Blogger Betty said...

I'm a reader, big time. Seems lately I just have not had a minute to spare other than my Bible reading....hopefully this winter will be different....

Thanks for the visit and comment...Betty

 
At September 28, 2007 at 9:48 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks like a great list, with plenty to keep you busy this fall! :) And yes, a Beth Moore study certainly involves plenty of reading! Thanks so much for being part of the challenge.

 
At October 1, 2007 at 10:02 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

You are not the only one who does not want to wait for series books to come out. I usually wait until they are all written! Great list. 1776 was a great book. I started reading it when my son had to read it for his college history class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
A Little Bloggy Business--A LIttle Bloggy Fun
I Can Only Imagine
I'm Back!
Taking a Break!
My Brother
Happy Anniversay--#11!
Another Family Medical Siituation
I Love My Brother Very Much!
Fall Bible Sudy--Introduction
Where Were You? What Do You Remember?

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: