Friday, July 20, 2007
Show and Tell--A New Treasusre

Kelli at There is No Place Like Home, is the host of Friday Show and Tell.
She explains it this way:
"Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!
Do you have a something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, an antique find. Your show and tell can be old or new. Use your imagination and dig through those old boxes in your closet if you have to! Feel free to share pictures and if there's a story behind your special something, that's even better!"

Here it is Friday again!
Today I am sharing a brand new treasure!
Sometimes a treasure is in the eye of the beholder.
When I look at this item I behold a true modern day treasure!
Take a look here.


The picture above shows my hall closet.
It was a mess. I really should have taken a before picture.
I just didn't think about it.
Now it is a neat place for cleaning supplies and equipment.
It is where I store the new treasure.


The picture above shows my new treasure!
One day I was vacuuming our bedroom.
My husband commented that it seemed to him
that I was just stirring up the dust.
I explained that he was exactly right.
Our old vacuum cleaner, which had never been great to begin with,
was at an age where rearranging dust was about all it did!
The next day Lee was on the internet looking for a new appliance!
Gotta love the internet, girls!
Now our treasure just suctions that dust--and anything else that gets in the way.
I love it! It is truly a treasure!

Labels:


  posted at 11:18 AM  
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At July 20, 2007 at 1:02 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Now that is a treasure that I can appreciate. I like a freshly vacuumed floor! I remember testing out an Oreck in our home many years ago and I LOVED it!!
Have fun with your new toy!
Kelli

 
At July 20, 2007 at 1:53 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

I treasure a good vacuum too! You'll be cleaning up a storm, I'm sure!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 1:58 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I've heard good things about Orecks and I've always wondered if they were as good as they're advertising says they are. Plus that price! It would have to be really good to be worth the price they want for them.

Have a great weekend, Myrna! ;-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM, Blogger Mary L. Briggs said...

A good vacuum cleaner is truly a treasure! Enjoy it!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 3:09 PM, Blogger LBP said...

I kinda like to vacuum, weird as that may be. I like the look of the carpet afterward.

Happy vacuuming!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta love a good vacumn! Blessings on your new dust free house!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 3:27 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Hope it make the house work much easier for you. Not a fun task ever!!!
Susan

 
At July 20, 2007 at 7:06 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

wow an Oreck.... cadillac of vaccums! SCORE!!!!!!!!!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Great choice! No more stirring of the dust!! Have fun!! Check my latest blog, I have a surprise for you! :0)

 
At July 20, 2007 at 10:27 PM, Blogger Lavender Chick said...

Oh, you're going to love your Oreck! We're an Oreck family - we're on our 2nd one. Wouldn't even shop for anything else.

Enjoy!!!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My mom has an Oreck and loves it!! Did you get the little handheld vac also?

I LOVE your sofa/couch!!! Those are the colors I am doing our new home in! I've looked and looked and have come close to finding an upholstery I love but your fabric on your couch takes the cake!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 11:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Me again! I just enlarged the photo and saw the small Oreck!! Another little treasure!

 
At July 21, 2007 at 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green with envy!!

 
At July 21, 2007 at 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been vacume searching for a long time now. I have test drove many vacumes and the one I have concluded I want is an Orek. This is so weird but I had one in my dream just last night. I hope you enjoy yours and that I will join you in that elite club soon.

Karen

 
At July 21, 2007 at 9:31 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, I was pretty excited when my grandmother gave me her vacuum cleaner! So yes, they can be treasures too! :)

 
At July 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

I know what you mean..i've had my vac for probably 15+ years and it still works well(even with patches on the outside bag)!!My next one will be a Oreck!!! Have fun vacuuming!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
A Day of Tests
Giveaway Fun!
MEME DAY AT CHERISH...
Word Of God Speak
Celebrating with Char and Car!
Friday Show and Tell
Happy Birthday!
Some Places to Visit
Awesome God - Michael W. Smith
Do Civics and Bloglines Go Together?

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: