Tuesday, July 17, 2007
MEME DAY AT CHERISH...
Several weeks ago Betty at Country Charm tagged me for a meme. I have been intending to get to it ever since. Today is the day! In fact, I believe we will just declare today MEME Day at Cherish... and do a couple of them. There are several floating around Bloggityville.

Betty's Meme is about dreams. We all have some, don't we? I'm going to share a couple of serious dreams, but also some playful ones. We have to have a little fun mixed into our dreamin'!

I dream---

1. I dream that I can lose another 15 pounds. The first 25 came off with little effort after a life style change that took me away from some bad eating habits! The last 15 or so are proving to be more difficult.

2. I dream that I can have a never ending supply of Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. My new favorite is that flavor in a Frappuccino! Of course, this will not help with dream #1.


3. I dream of a lawn that is neat,trim, and weed-free. I thought I had this taken care of with a new lawn service arrangement. Maybe not so much, because they don't show up when they promise! The latest word is that they will be here today--I'll keep you posted.

4. I dream that my grandchildren will have the privilege of college educations (if that is their dream also), productive lives, and families as sweet and God-Centered as the ones their parents are giving them.

Actually, I suppose that dream#4 is the prayer I pray daily for my children and their children. There are other dreams I have also about our country remaining strong and free and the world being free of disease and war. I know that some of those dreams will not be completely accomplished because of the ways of mankind.

The ultimate dream is the dream that as Christians we can look forward to. That is the reality of spending eternity in heaven.


I'm going to tag a couple of people. I tag Susan, Penless Writer and Linda, Middle Years. Anyone else who has dreams to share is also tagged. My tags, as always, include the statement that you make your own choices for content on your blogs. Participate or not, as it suits your fancy!

PS--Dreams do come true! As I was writing this--The new yard maintenance people showed up! They are trimming, cutting, blowing, weeding, etc. as I write! YAY! Pictures to follow!


There is another meme I saw at Diane's Place the other day. She left the tag open to all of us. I think I'll, just for the fun of it, give you the Five Things Meme.

Here We Go--


Five Things to Do Before I Die

1. Continue to take care of my husband as long as God allows us to be together.

2. Live to see my grandchildren be adults.

3. Take a trip with my sister.

4. Learn to garden.

5. Meet some of my blogging friends! WooHoo!


Five Things I Can Do

1. Teach a child to read.

2. Organize a group of people to get something done.
3. Help people resolve conflicts.

4. Encourage people.

5. Love grandchildren.


Five Things I Can't Do

1. Spend all day in the kitchen!

2. See well! Gotta have the glasses on!

3. Enjoy being with self-centered people!

4. Stand to see children hurt!

5. Garden--I want to learn how to keep plants alive!


Five Things That Attract Me to the Opposite Sex

1. Being my husband!

2. Personality

3. Sense of Humor

4. Intelligence

5. Cuteness Factor


Five Celebrity Crushes

I don't have any now--Don't do that anymore--But in the past, maybe these!

1. Elvis

2. The Beatles--all of them
--but especially Paul and Ringo
3. Sean Connery

4/5. Robert Redford/Paul Newman--as in The Sundance Kid

I will leave this tag open for anyone who would like to share--Give it a go!

Labels:


  posted at 3:10 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At July 17, 2007 at 3:28 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Myrna - I'll happily take you up on the dreaming meme tag. I have not done this one and I enjoy the meme's.

I love your Dreamin' Cherish Chick! I think she's one of the cutest I've seen. I loaded mine up too much. Thought I had to pick one of everything :o) and I did!!!!

Your comment on my post was so sweet. Thank you!!
Susan

 
At July 17, 2007 at 6:14 PM, Blogger someone else said...

All of your answers were really fun to read! These memes are interesting in that they give us little snippets of each other's personalities and life.

 
At July 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hey Myrna, I enjoy these memes because they help us to know one another a bit better. You did a great job on both of them.
Thanks for tagging me. I will try to do it very soon.
I'm glad the lawn people showed up. Your dreams are just wonderful. I believe that when we are close to the Lord, He places some dreams in our hearts and then works them out. Sweet dreams!!

 
At July 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed reading your answers to both memes...and you reminded me that I have 2 or 3 memes I was tagged with a while back but haven't done them yet...shame on me!!! lol I had never seen the dreaming one before so I'll keep that one in mind too! Hmmmm...you had a crush on Elvis...so did I!! hehe xox

 
At July 17, 2007 at 8:35 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Keep on dreaming, but I especially like #4 (keep praying real hard on that one!), but we won't let them in on the idea that they have a choice not to go--okay? Ha!Ha! Take care and I love you!

 
At July 17, 2007 at 8:45 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Enjoyed your memes!! BTW, we met and married in Tennessee. I never taught there, though. We are both retired teachers, and we love Tennessee!

 
At July 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Those are great, especially #4. ...Keep on dreamin'!!!!

 
At July 17, 2007 at 10:11 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

We share a lot of the same dreams and some of the same 5 Things as well, Myrna. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 18, 2007 at 12:24 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I haven't see the Dream Meme either. So glad to hear your lawn caretakers made your dream come true :)
xo

 
At July 18, 2007 at 6:47 AM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

A neat lawn - I just dream of green grass - boy do we need some rain.

I loved both your memes - very fun!

I kill plants too - maybe we can take an online course together! ;)

 
At July 18, 2007 at 12:22 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That was fun to read, Mynra! I'm glad your lawn dream came true and I can't wait to see pictures!
Hugs,
Kelli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Word Of God Speak
Celebrating with Char and Car!
Friday Show and Tell
Happy Birthday!
Some Places to Visit
Awesome God - Michael W. Smith
Do Civics and Bloglines Go Together?
Show and Tell
A Little After the Holiday Randomness
"O'er the land of the free and the home of the bra...

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: