Thursday, July 19, 2007
A Day of Tests


Today I had to make the trek into the big city.
That once a year trek that all women of a certain age must make.
To get that test done.
You know, the one we all love!





I was a few months late for mine. It was really bothering me because I am usually very prompt about it. I let life get in the way.

Well, it's done now and I feel pretty good about it. At least the technician did not come back in and take more pictures.
Yay!

The one time they had to do that I ended up having to come back and have ultrasound and more pictures done. That time I had a small cyst. It was gone the next year. The doctor cautioned me about caffeine and I really did try to be careful about coffee and soft drinks. This year I will admit to a St*r*bu*
cks addiction! The report will comes in a couple of weeks.


After that lovely experience I had that other test.
Yes, the one that lets you know if your body is beginning to show its age!
The old bone density test!




This one is not so difficult. You just lay on the table and "be very still, please." Then it is over and you are on your way--Hoping that the missed calcium tablets will not show up as a problem! I should hear from that one in about a week.

Well, it's over for me for this year--At least I hope and pray it is! How 'bout you? Have you had your mammogram and bone density test. Have you had your gynecological check-up for the year? (I didn't share that one--it was two weeks ago!)

If you've been putting it off, take a quick look here and here. Then, please, run to the telephone and make some appointments!

**Hey! Please go over to see Tammy at Family Doin's. She has a Giveaway going on right now in honor of her 201st post. If you've never been to her place, you will love getting to know her. If you are a regular, you know she'll be glad to see you!
**Before I went to the big city for the dreaded tests I won! I won a CD by going to Boomama's link to Monk and Neagle and signing up. You can go here to check out the CD. They may get some more to give away. Go have some fun!

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:37 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At July 19, 2007 at 7:36 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Yea! Got those tests done! I am very faithful about getting my tests done as my Mom had bre*ast cancer about 15 years ago and it was discovered by a mamm*ogram. It saved her life, she has been fine ever since. God met her needs through the whole thing, it was just amazing to see. I just had a bre*ast MRI and it came back fine. I should do a post on that, it was very 'interesting'! lol! What we women have to go through!!

 
At July 19, 2007 at 9:42 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Did the pap smear a month ago but my Dr. doesn't suggest a mammogram until age 40 (which is coming up sooner than I would like). They don't recommend pap smears for anyone over 35 now every year...I think that is crazy and am having it done every year anyway. What age do they recommend a bone scan?

 
At July 19, 2007 at 10:39 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

Chris--
I am 61 and I think I have had 2 or 3 bone scans. I don't think you have to have them every year. I've been having mam*ograms since I was 40 and I just had a pap smear. He didn't say I shouldn't. ????

I had a historectomy in my mid 40s and have been going to my gyn every year just like I always did.I don't want to take chances!

My Dr.is a friend--actually he is my SS teacher! I've been going to him for over 25 years. He delivered two of our grandchildren.

I keep thinking I'm going to turn all that over to my primary care doctor (who is great), but I'm comfortable with RP so I just keep going. I trust him!

 
At July 19, 2007 at 11:54 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm past due for those tests because of not having insurance right now. I really need to see about going to a church clinic and setting them up soon. They charge a (hopefully!) affordable fee based on your income.

Hope yours come back okay!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At July 20, 2007 at 12:48 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Myrna, I go into my yearly this coming Monday. I admit to being nervous every year (this time it's been 18 months!)because I also have had cysts found in the past...and have been told to cut back that caffeine...which, lately, I haven't!
But I'm trying to give my qualms to the Lord. I never followed through on my mammo*gram last time (shame on me!) but will for sure, this time. I'm 44, so oh boy...bring on all the tests! (Did I mention I don't like tests?)
But I know they are so important!

Thank you for the sweet words and the link...you are officially entered into the contest twice!

 
At July 20, 2007 at 6:07 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh what we women go through!!
Susan

 
At July 20, 2007 at 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Myrna, thanks for the reminders. I had my appt just before my vacation, then the mammo just 2 days ago. I have yet to schedule my bone density. My first. Some communication mix ups with that one and it never was scheduled. So I will do it soon. One more trip to get through.

I'm still awaiting my results of the mammo.

 
At July 20, 2007 at 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do get the b**b squeeze test done every year. I haven't had the bone density one done yet. I'll have to mention it at my annual this year. No matter how simple these tests are they make my pits sweat real bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Giveaway Fun!
MEME DAY AT CHERISH...
Word Of God Speak
Celebrating with Char and Car!
Friday Show and Tell
Happy Birthday!
Some Places to Visit
Awesome God - Michael W. Smith
Do Civics and Bloglines Go Together?
Show and Tell

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: