Friday, September 21, 2007
I'm Back!
I'm back! This has been a very difficult week and I am still struggling to get back to normal life--whatever that is!

Thank you for all the thoughtful comments and emails concerning the passing of my brother. Blogging friends have been very encouraging and have provided a welcome extra portion of love and friendship.

My trip to Texas was a blessing. My brother's wife and children are precious to me. Several cousins and other family members that I don't have opportunity to be with often were also there. In spite of the sadness of Charles leaving us, it was good to be with family. We had a wonderful time of family fellowship at lunch on Tuesday at my
nephew's home. We seem to be in that season that comes to families sometimes--we meet at funerals.

I returned home Wednesday afternoon and immediately jumped back into some responsibilities here. Truthfully, I just haven't felt quite up to blogging yet. In fact, I decided yesterday was a good day to exert some physical energy. I did some CLEANING! I still have some of those tasks to complete today. Nothing like a little scrubbing, dusting, etc. to get you back into real life!

I will be reading and commenting today. I have a lot of catching up to do--I haven't even seen
all the neighborhood posts yet. I'll be around to visit you today and get back into the swing of things real soon.

Labels:


  posted at 11:46 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At September 21, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Welcome home, Myrna. I know what you mean about sometimes only getting to see family members and friends at weddings or funerals. It's the same with my family, sadly.

God bless you and your family this weekend as you adjust to your new "normal".

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At September 21, 2007 at 1:47 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Welcome home from me too. I know what you're feeling, as I lost a brother a few years ago. Don't worry about any of us. We'll be here when you feel like blogging again.

 
At September 21, 2007 at 2:17 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I'm glad you're safely home Myrna. It has been a difficult time. I pray you will have a bit of time for yourself.
Have a good weekend.

 
At September 21, 2007 at 2:52 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Welcome home dear Myrna! It does seem like that these days, that family tend to only come together at weddings and funerals. I know how hard it is to get back into a regular routine so you just take your time and we'll be here waiting for you whenever you feel like blogging:-) xox

 
At September 21, 2007 at 3:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad you are safely back and that all seemed to go as well as these things can. Family is everything, Myrna, as you know. The rest is the proverbial icing.

I hope you can settle in and feel 'normal' soon. Thanks for letting us know you are back.

 
At September 21, 2007 at 9:07 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Glad you're back - you were in my thoughts this week!

 
At September 22, 2007 at 3:32 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Myrna, I'm so sorry about your brother....we were in TN last week and I haven't spent much time on the computer. I haven't been to sleep tonight and you came tip toeing across my mind so I came over to check on you.....God Bless...Betty

 
At September 22, 2007 at 7:18 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Welcome home! Take your time...no rush...we're not going any where and will be here waiting for you ;o)
Susan

 
At September 22, 2007 at 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always safe in His hands.
Always close in our hearts.
Glad you are home.

 
At September 22, 2007 at 6:11 PM, Blogger Cherdecor said...

Myrna, I hope you get your rest this weekend. We missed you and are glad you are back.

 
At September 22, 2007 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I'm glad you are safely home. Just rest or do what makes you feel the best right now.

 
At September 24, 2007 at 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Myrna. May God continue to comfort you and your family through your grief. My family has been surrounded with death these last few weeks. It is bittersweet to sit around with old friends and family at these funerals. How wonderful that we have hope to always carry us through. Blessings on you week...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Taking a Break!
My Brother
Happy Anniversay--#11!
Another Family Medical Siituation
I Love My Brother Very Much!
Fall Bible Sudy--Introduction
Where Were You? What Do You Remember?
Woman to Woman--Gratitude Day
Ready, Set!
YOU ARE HOLY--PRINCE OF PEACE

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: