Monday, September 24, 2007
A Little Bloggy Business--A LIttle Bloggy Fun
Well, good morning! I'm going to take care of a little blogging business, then I'm going to share a fun meme with you. Whew! I really need to have a little fun!

I have been wrestling with a blogging problem I have. I'm going to tell you what I have decided. The problem? What to do with Fall Bible Study? The solution--Just keep on going!
Last week I really thought I would be back home after attending my brother's funeral in Texas and ready to post on Wednesday. Just keep on moving, you know. It didn't happen that way. I was home, but I just wasn't ready to do anything that required thinking. I do try to think just a bit when I write--especially when I'm going to presume to write about a Bible Study!

The Bible Study at my home was canceled last week because it meets on Monday night and by that time I was in Texas. We just decided to begin again this week. So that's what I'm going to do with the blogging version--Begin again.

Here's the new deal! We will be discussing Week One on Wednesday. Anyone who has read it, studied, it and wants to comment, please link up and put your post up so we can come to your place and see what you have to say. I will be giving a summary here and letting you in on what the ladies at my home study have to say. See you then!


"Get to Know Me Better" Meme
Now--some fun with a meme I picked up from Ginger some time ago. I'm sure you are breathlessly waiting to find out all this stuff about little ole' me.

Accent--Definitely a West Texas Twang -- I have lived in Tennessee for over thirty-five years, so a bit of Middle Tennessee Southern has slipped in along the way. Sometimes people have trouble placing my mixed-up accent. I told a little story here about how one man hit it right on.

I Don't Drink--Beer. Sweet tea is the beverage of choice most of the time.

Chore I Hate--Cleaning bathrooms! Actually, given the choice of any chore or reading a book, I'd probably prefer reading the book. But then, who would do the chores?!

Pets--None presently. We have had several sweet dogs--Michelle, Honey, Muffin, Dolly, one psychotic pooch named Prissy, and one spoiled bird named Ollie. Currently I enjoy an occasional visit from a neighborhood dog named Daisy. She always shows up when the grandchildren are here. How does she know when they're visiting? I found out yesterday that two of our grandchildren (Joshua and Spoony) just got a new dog--Delilah Belle, who will be known as Lilah. I look forward to meeting the cute little Basset Hound.

Essential Electronics--Besides the obvious computer--this terrific piece of machinery is a must at our house. It is a back-up generator which is powered, in a way I don't completely understand, by natural gas. In case of a power outage it keeps the electricity needed for Lee's medical machinery humming right along. Yes, Ma'm! If the electricity goes off in our house for any reason, just count to about fifteen and the refrigerator, TVs, computers, and all the electricity in our bedroom come back on. It is like magic--but not! It is a blessing beyond belief in the middle of a storm just to know it is there.


Perfume--Don't wear it often. I like to spritz on a little scent, but I normally use body spray or something similar. I keep several scents from Bat*h and Bo*dy, etc. When I do use the real thing I prefer Beautiful, Desire, and Joy. My granddaughter loves to go into "the red bathroom"--which is mine--and experiment with the spray bottles! She likes to "smell pretty." Yep, she is a girly girl disguised as a little tomboy!

Gold or Silver--My husband had my wedding and engagement rings reset from white gold to gold on our twenty-fifth anniversary. He added ring guards and reset the diamond from my engagement ring. So, I wear a lot of gold. But, I also mix the two and wear silver quite a bit.

Insomnia--Not true insomnia, but I do find myself staying up later now that I am retired--and the blogging has something to do with it also! If I am having trouble sleeping I find something not too exciting to read and that usually does the trick!

Job Title
--Currently "grandmama" is my favorite title, but I, like many women, have several other titles. Professionally I was known as teacher and then principal.

Most Admired Trait
--I am loyal. If I am your friend you are stuck with me. If I love you, I will love you always!

Kids--We have two sons (both 30+) who are the treasures of our lives. The older one is a teacher and coach. He and his wonderful wife, who is also a teacher, have a son and a daughter. They live less than two miles from us. Our younger son is a CPA. He and his equally wonderful wife, who is a teacher, have two sons. They live in a small town not too far from us. BTW--You can read her blog here. We also have a daughter who is waiting for us in heaven. She lived only a very short time after she was born. Our boys came soon after her.

Phobia--I don't like to be in a crowded room unless I know how to get out of it. I always look for a door and prefer to sit where I can get to the door if I need to. Strange, because I have never had a bad experience about crowds or being caught in a burning building or anything like that. :-)

Religion--I have been a Christian since I accepted the Lord as my savior when I was seven years old. In my "normal" life I attend a Baptist church where we have been members since 1980. Currently, because of my husband's health limitations we worship on Sunday mornings with some churches via TV. The important thing is that God is in charge of my life and I am trying to follow his plan for me. So far He has led me on an interesting, unexpected, and blessed journey.

Siblings--I am the fourth of four children born to my parents, Charlie and Beulah. In addition, I have one step sister. My oldest sister, Jeannette, died last year; my brother, Charles, last week. I know they are together, with our parents, in heaven. I miss them both so much. That leaves my older sister, Barbara, and my stepsister, Carol--and, of course, me.

I was the baby sister.
Jeannette and Charles were twelve and ten years older than me. Barbara is just two years older. We live hundreds of miles from each other, but we talk on the phone almost everyday. If I have a secret--she probably knows it. Carol is five years younger than me. She may not know all of my secrets now--but she surely knows several from when I was a teenager! She was ten and I was fifteen when her mother and my dad married. (Come to think of it, I really don't have many secrets these days)!

Unusual Talent/Skill--I can pick up things with my toes! Oh--you may want to know something more sophisticated than that! OH YES!! I can teach a child to read! I also know how to get a group of 500+ children to be silent--in seconds, without raising my voice! I haven't had much use for that skill recently--but I'm ready if 500 children happen to take a field trip to my home anytime soon.

Vegetable I Hate--Brussels sprouts--is that a vegetable? and green Lima beans!

Worst Habit
--Procrastinating! I'll probably talk more about that later--maybe, stay tuned--if I get around to it--you know, someday!

My Favorite Meal--Has to be Mexican! If I'm choosing a restaurant, it would have to be Pappasito's in Houston. In our area--currently I would choose Palmas Verde However, if you just put some cheese on it, pour some salsa over it and call it "Mexican," or Tex-Mex, I will likely eat it!

I may be the last one in all of Bloggyville to complete this meme. If you have not done it, please join in. I would certainly like to get to know you better. Let us know in a comment where you are and we'll all rush over!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:10 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At September 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Momma Roar said...

Sounds like a great plan with the Bible Study - I am going to follow along, but if it is okay, I'm going to post on Saturdays about it.

I enjoyed your meme too!

 
At September 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed learning more about you through that meme:-) Like you I don't drink beer, yuck! I much prefer a sweet iced tea. As for cleaning bathrooms, yup, that's my least favourite chore also...I keep saying the Lord didn't put me on this earth to clean bathrooms!!!! lol Having a back up generator certainly would soothe any fears of a power failure in your house...is Lee hooked up to a breathing machine or something? I'm afraid I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know what's wrong with him. As for veggies, I detest lima beans and asparagus...I actually love brussel sprouts! lol xox

 
At September 24, 2007 at 2:51 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I enjoyed your meme answers. I do like brussel sprouts, though.

 
At September 24, 2007 at 3:43 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Some fun stuff here.
Susan

 
At September 24, 2007 at 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was fun to get to know you a bit better. I have to say that we have lots in common.

I am a horrible procrastinator. And you are too funny!

 
At September 24, 2007 at 4:54 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Mmm...I like iced tea too. In fact, I just had a glass of it. :0) Oh, and I'm a procrastinator too..LOL

Kelli

 
At September 24, 2007 at 5:50 PM, Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Was nice to learn a little more about you. Sorry about your daughter...I am sure your homecoming with her in heaven will be awesome!
Lima beans..I don't like them either!

 
At September 24, 2007 at 6:31 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm glad you're back. That is the thing about funerals - good times with people you haven't seen for a long time, but sadness at the same time.

I love this meme, and do need to do it sometime soon!

Love getting to know you better.

 
At September 24, 2007 at 8:52 PM, Blogger Midlife Mom said...

Loved your meme. I'll try to do it soon too but right now I'm having all I can do to check in on everyone a couple times a week. Since my fall I have fallen behind on everything but am getting stronger every day and can start riding my horse again on Wednesday! Yippee!! Yes, I would agree cleaning bathrooms would be at the top of my list on least favorite things to do!! I don't drink beer either, gag!!!

 
At September 25, 2007 at 12:21 AM, Blogger Julieann said...

Yes, your plan sounds great!! ..and I very much enjoyed reading your meme.

Julieann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
I Can Only Imagine
I'm Back!
Taking a Break!
My Brother
Happy Anniversay--#11!
Another Family Medical Siituation
I Love My Brother Very Much!
Fall Bible Sudy--Introduction
Where Were You? What Do You Remember?
Woman to Woman--Gratitude Day

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: