Saturday, April 7, 2007
B-r-r-r! Is It Really Easter?
Easter Sunday! Where is Spring? Not here in cold Tennessee! The prediction is for this to be perhaps the coldest Easter Sunday on record. Guess some of those Easter frocks will wait until next Sunday to be worn--or they will be covered up by warm coats.

I'm looking forward to church today. I don't go on a regular basis these days. My husband has been battling a serious illness for a long time. He is now dependent on a ventilator and not able to get out (I'l be telling that remarkable story soon). Because of that we normally worship each Sunday with a couple of favorite preachers on TV. However, because our church is using a different schedule today, my son and I will be able to share caregiver duties and both of us make it to church. I have "graciously" allowed him to attend the 7:30 service and I will go to the 9:30 one. One grandchild is going to church with daddy and one will be in her preschool class and come home with me. After my daughter-in-law completes her responsibilities for the 11:00 service (she is on the church staff) she will join us for Sunday dinner.

We have planned a somewhat unusual Easter dinner. I'm not cooking and I'm sure my dil doesn't want to after a very full weekend of church responsibilities. We have some truly thoughtful friends who sent us a gift of dinner from Famous Dave's for the whole family. They know how my husband loves bar-b-que! I will make one cooking concession. My sons always request my deviled eggs for holiday meals. So, I will contribute a few eggs to the meal. Everything else is coming from the restaurant!

Have a blessed Easter!

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:21 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Thursday Thirteen #1
Starting at the Beginning

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: