Thursday, April 5, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #1

Places I Have Visited and Would Love to Visit Again


I could list several more places that have special meaning to me/our family, but these stand out in my mind as significant. Just making the list has given me a flood of wonderful memories of traveling with my husband, family, and friends. Although some of these places definitely have a greater impact on my emotions and/or memory, they are not listed in any particular order of importance.

1. Jerusalem--What an expereience to walk where Jesus walked! Visiting there was like going home; although the sights were new, the places were familar. To personally experience the places where well-loved stories took place was a joy beyond belief.

2. Ephesus--How exciting to stand in the ampitheater and imagine what it must have been like to have been there in the days of Paul and Barnabus. According to tradition, John brought Mary to Ephesus to live. Walking on the magnificent marble roads was an amazing privilege.

3. The Island of Patmos--The place of John's exile. When he was there it was a Roman prison site of bleak desolation. Today it is a beautiful green island with gorgeous wild flowers and pristine villages. The blue of the water is unbelievable.

4. Chicago--I never really thought of wanting to go to Chicago until a couple of years ago when I had the opportunity to go there with my husband. It was our last trip before he became so critically ill. It is an exciting city that I only began to explore--so many places left to discover!

5. St. Auguatine, Florida--This old--and modern--town is a peaceful, quaint and interesting place to relax and recharge.

6. Camden, Maine--A beautiful, unspoiled sailing port where you can relax, relax, relax. The deli had great coffee and there is a wonderful park where you can watch yachts, lobster boats, schooners, and small sailboats come and go all day. Taking a chooner trip intoPenobscot Bay was a thrill for this "afraid of deep water" girl of West Texas! There are lwots of delightful inns and bed and breakfast accomocations.

7. Nova Scotia--If you enjoy visiting lighthouses or old churches this is your place! We had a delightful picnic lunch near a lighthouse with a LOUD FOG HORN!!! The Bay of Fundy is a powerful body of water--take motion sickness drugs before the ride over on the huge ferry boats!

8, Glorieta and Santa Fe New Mexico--The two are inseparable in my mind! Our family has such good and meaningful memories of these places. Thank you, Lord, for Glorieta!

9. Mackinac Island, Michigan--Oh my goodness, what a treat--quaint and fudge-filled for me, lghthouses nearby for my husband! No motorized vehicles are allowed on the island. If you don't like horses. horse-drwn vehicles, bicycles, or walking this is not for you! We liked it so much we have visited three times; If I ever go again I'm staying at the Grand Hotel--luxury plus!

10. Lake Barkley State Park, Kentucky--The scene of over twenty Thanksgiving weekends with our family. This was our annual "family retreat"--every year was different as two little boys grew toward manhood.

11. The edge of the plateau, Tennessee--Home for two of our four precious grandchildren!

12. Three miles down the road from my house--Home for the other two precious grandchildren!

13. Texas--Home of my childhood and where I met and married my husband. Don't Mess with Texas!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,


  posted at 12:29 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At April 5, 2007 at 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your places sound just wonderful! I too have been to Mackinac, and I would love to go back as well. The fudge is to die for and the lack of cars makes it quite a lovely place.

 
At April 5, 2007 at 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved Camden Maine. We went in the fall several years ago..What a wonderful trip that was

 
At April 5, 2007 at 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna go to Texas. I really do.

 
At April 5, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Marie said...

wow~~~ those are incredible places!!! great T13 list for this week.

 
At April 6, 2007 at 3:17 AM, Blogger Lara said...

wow, you have been some really great places! you are a lucky one, and i hope you get a chance to visit lots more places, in addition to returning to these places. congrats on your first TT, and welcome to the blogosphere - we're all very friendly. :)

feel free to come visit my place sometime - i love meeting new people.

 
At April 6, 2007 at 7:02 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I have not been to one place on your list! Wow! But I certainly would like to visit some of them!
My husband was in the Navy when we were first married so he did have a chance to go to Jerusalem. I wish I could have shared in that incredible experience!
Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Father Cherishes
Isaiah 40:11 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 11 He protects His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries [them] in the fold of His [garment]. He gently leads. . .

About Me
Name:
Myrna

I am a Christian woman who shares a blessed life with my precious husband, our two adult sons and their wives, and four grandchildren. We cherish the adventures God has allowed us to have together. I recently retired from an over thirty year career as an elementary teacher and administrator.

My Complete Profile

Recent Posts
Starting at the Beginning

In the Word

Blogs I Visit

Sudoku Fun

Search

Archives
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
July 2008

Miscellaneous


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


prayingforHeather-120pix.jpg

Middle Tennessee Time

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:


Meter: